A-190-3 Velocity

  • Neil Kagan
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2017
      Hi to you all,

      I’m trying rather unsuccessfully to turn off velocity on CV 3 and 4 on the A-190-3. I’ve sent program changes from Logic but nothing seems to work. Has anyone on here had success and if so how? I have both Logic and Ableton.

      Thanks,

      Neil
    • Diego Ragnini
      Message 2 of 7 , May 12, 2017
        Hi Neil,

        I don’t know that much about this interface, I simply use it without particular exigences or issues and I am not sure to can grasp what is the application in the background of your request.

        By the way, I am afraid that there’s no way to turn off velocity from CV3 jack (the only one concerned by velocity). It seems that this jack permanently outputs the velocity voltage (any time a note-on signal occurs) and cannot be the destination of further assignments. You can always un-plug the cable from that jack.

        Best,
        Diego

          Message 4 of 7 , May 15, 2017
            Pay attention to the note the A-190-2 user's manual on page 8:

            "Important note: Pay attention that some manufacturers
            count the Midi program change numbers from 1....128,
            others from 0...127. In this manual the counting 1...128 is
            used. Please look into the user's manual of your Midi
            device which type of counting is used. If the counting type
            0...127 is used one has to subtract 1 from the program
            change numbers in the table above. For some devices
            (especially software sequencers) the type of program
            change numbering can be selected. In this case you
            should use the 1...128 range to agree with the numbers in
            the table above."

            Maybe this the reason for the problem.

          • Neil Kagan
            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2017
              Hi Dieter,

              I've tried both formats. Neither is working.

              Neil

              Sent from my iPhone

              > On 15 May 2017, at 09:22, yahoo@... [Doepfer_a100] <Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              >
              > Pay attention to the note the A-190-2 user's manual on page 8:
              >
              > "Important note: Pay attention that some manufacturers
              > count the Midi program change numbers from 1....128,
              > others from 0...127. In this manual the counting 1...128 is
              > used. Please look into the user's manual of your Midi
              > device which type of counting is used. If the counting type
              > 0...127 is used one has to subtract 1 from the program
              > change numbers in the table above. For some devices
              > (especially software sequencers) the type of program
              > change numbering can be selected. In this case you
              > should use the 1...128 range to agree with the numbers in
              > the table above."
              >
              > Maybe this the reason for the problem.

            • ddoepfer
              Message 6 of 7 , May 15, 2017
                That's strange as it would be the first A-190-3 where this function is not
                working. If you are sure that it's not a problem of the Midi transmitter
                return the module for checking. But I cannot imagine that all Midi functions
                of the module are working except the velocity cancelling of CV3/4. You may
                also contact Christian Assall (software@...). Maybe he has an idea
                for the behaviour.

              • Neil Kagan
                Message 7 of 7 , May 15, 2017