Fairfield Circuitry - Randy's Revenge

  • Diego Ragnini
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2017
      I find this is very interesting, don’t know if the best demo clip, usually Knobs makes cool demos:

      This pedal cannot be easily found in Europe at affordable prices… it features a CV input.. and a VCO with frequency control...

      Has anybody an idea on how to reproduce similar results by the means of modules?

      I might guess… VCO + S&H + Comparator + LPF (?)
      I might get out of the groove ! :-)

      Best,
      Diego
    • Analog Monster
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2017
        1.35 in, it explains it's a ring modulator with sine or square in one side, guitar the other. The wet signal then has a low pass filter after it.

        The switches to the top right set the wave shape of the modulator oscillator, and a frequency range.

        So you could do this with  guitar - external input - ring mod - low pass filter - mixer, with an oscillator in the other side of a ring mod. The mixer would mix the output of the low pass filter with the 2nd output of the A119 external input so you can blend clean with processed signal. You can use different filters for different character.

        If you don't already have ring mod consider a-184-1 which is ring mod, s and h/t and h, and slew limiter in only 4HP