7th Madurai Documentary Festival

  • amudhan ramalingampushpam
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2005

      Hello

      Greetings from Marupakkam.

      We are a media activist group involved in making documentaries, organising regular screenings, video festivals, video workshops in and around Madurai since 1994.

      We are planning our 7th Madurai Documentary Festival - which is a non-competitive one - in December 2005 in Madurai.

      Our festival has been well supported and attended by the filmmakers and audience since 1998, when we did our first festival.

      We invite filmmakers to send their films to the festival in DVD format.

      Filmmakers, students, writers, artists, activists and general public consist our audience. Discussion after each screening is an important activity in our festival.

      We will update you with news on exact dates and venue in immediate future.

      Looking forward to your continious support.

      Amudhan R.P.

    • VRC
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2005
        Dear Mr Amudhan,

        We are happy to know about the film festival that you are organising. We, at CEE, also organise film festivals, and public screenings. We also lend films to media organisations for non-commercial public screenings. We would be happy to lend our films to your organisation too. We organize these activities as part of our VRC activities.

        As you may know, CEE is one of the Video Resource Centres (VRC) of the International Television Trust for the Environment (TVE). As a VRC, CEE has been involved in dissemination of video programmes on environment and development and social justice and also use the print and the internet to disseminate information. As a VRC, CEE produces new programmes, version programmes into local languages, etc.

        As a VRC, CEE also has a large collection of video programmes on environment and development issues.

         It would be nice if you could let us know what kind of films you are looking for, so that we could also send our films for the festival.

        Regards,
        Nandini

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2005
          Regarding the format: Why do you need DVDs and not VCDs which are a lot
          cheaper produce, especially for the independent film makers? Are the
          festival organisers intending to return at their own cost, the submitted
          materials after the festival?? Thanks.

          Vijay S. Jodha

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2005
            Hello

            thanks for your interest on Madurai festival.

            we are trying to reach a technical (video) standard
            while screening films. Hense we ask for DVD's.

            If anyone insist on VCD, it is ok for us.

            we would like to keep the copies with us, with the
            permission of the film makers.

            amudhan