Re: [doc_hoovie] shelter half or halves

  • Matt Weeks
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2013
      True,
      but the WWI repros could be used, I should think ,  "oldest stores used first"?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 27, 2013, at 9:05 AM, MKDORNEY@... wrote:

      The WW1 Shelter halves had different buttons

      In a message dated 2/27/2013 10:01:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, weeksem@... writes:

      The khaki one-end-flap shelter halves are also correct for WWI . It is part of the 1910-1917 equipment adoption cycle.
      Sent from my iPhone

    • Jay Callaham
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 27, 2013
        I have one in my own collection (WW1 emphasis) that is a Great War issue, but had a later repair with a couple of the WW2 buttons with the "six-pointed star made up of 13 stars" type buttons.

        Looks like it might have been surplussed to a Boy Scout troop. Interesting stuff out there.

        Jay
        callaham@...

        "Molon Labe" - - attributed to Leonidas, Spartan King
        "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine
        "If you do not receive this, it must have miscarried, therefore I beg you write and let me know." - - - Sir Boyle Roche, 18th century Member of the Irish Parliament