Announcement: Yahoogroups spam

  • priestessofseiryu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 2:10 PM
      I got this news from a different Group but it is true and I just
      fixed my settings. Please read.

      Do you all remember when Yahoo went down for a few days? Well,
      here's one of the changes they implemented. Ain't that just so
      sweet, they signed us all up for lots of Spam.

      Yahoo has added a "marketing" area to the account set up area of
      groups. When you go into it you will see that they have set you
      to "yes" on everything. I highly advise everyone to go in and change
      it.

      When you're logged in at Yahoogroups, click on Account Info on the
      top right corner of the screen. Enter your password when prompted,
      then below the listing of your email addresses, you'll see a link
      for "Edit Marketing Preferences", click on that. You'll see it's
      set to Yes (please send me spam) on every option. Set them all to
      No, don't forget the two towards the bottom of the page about phone
      and snail mail spam and click the button to save it.

      yui-chan