Re: Delorean renting - Weddings

  • daviddelorean
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 29, 2008
      If you let someone borrow your car, then the insurance follows the car.
      If you rent it, it's a commercial transaction and it may not be
      covered. You should probably get a copy of their insurance card, and
      request that they up their coverage to at least $1,000,000.

      I'd like to rent my DMC too but haven't figured out the liability issue
      yet and haven't gotten around to talking to my agent. In my state, the
      law immunizes licensed car retnal companies from civil liability caused
      by their renters, but obviously that doesn't cover me.