A Note from Arthur

  • HappyShel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2001
      Arthur Hull of Village Music Circles is having problems with his computer .
      The following information is kinda important, so he has dictated the
      following letter to us, the drumcircle facilitator community, to let us know
      about an amazing deal. Here's exactly what he asked me to send to y'all:

      Christine Stevens from Remo has, or will soon announce a special
      facilitator's deal. I have been schmoozing the Remo marketing department for
      at
      least four years to get something like this going. It took Remo placing a
      music
      therapist/drumcircle facilitator extraordinaire (Christine) on staff and
      in-house to make it happen. She's doing an amazing job in a short amount of
      time. There soon will be all kinds of community facilitator access to Remo
      through this dynamo.

      Basicallly the facilitator's deal will represent a one-time buy of Remo
      equipment for a drumcircle kit at 55% off retail price. The industry lingo
      would say 50% off retail plus 10% off that = 55% off retail. The two simple
      catches are:

      1) it's a one-time purchase of $500 or more, so think carefully and choose
      wisely.

      2) you will be asked to fill out an information/demographic form in order to
      purchase your kit.

      This does not mean that you are an official endorsee of Remo products or
      have
      any other contractual obligation to Remo. This does mean, if you choose
      wisely,
      you are going to get a hell of a drumcircle kit at half-off retail price. It
      also means that you are initiating a dialogue, interaction and
      communication
      with Christine Stevens herself, and the growing Remo facilitator's network,
      which is a good thing.

      Be advised that Remo not only has an enormously wide variety of drums
      available to meet your specific needs but most people don't know that they
      have
      woodblock, bells, shakers, tambourines etc available which, in a
      community/kid's drumcircle kit is as important as the membrane drums.

      Christine has amazed me not only with her advocacy of the mission most of us
      facilitators are on but with her ability and agility to maneuver through
      industry minefields and red tape in order to serve us as we serve the larger
      community. My hat goes off to Christine for her good works.

      Expect a great Remo drumcircle website with access to all kinds of
      information
      from the Remo team of faciitators and endorsees, including Jambagamo, Leon
      Mobley, Paolo Mattioli, Layne Redmond, and myself, Arthur Hull. Also be
      advised that we are gathering regional Remo facilitator endorsees such as
      our
      friends Barky, Jacqui Macmillan and Don Davidson, to name a few. Expect more
      wonderful things from Christine.

      Life is a dance,

      Arthurian

      (anyone who knows, would know that Arthur couldn't have types this himself,
      am but his scribe. I apolgize for all incorrectly misspelled words -bob)
      The above received from Bob Anzlovar ...... Happy
    • Peter Batty
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
        Hi list

        Does anyone know if this offer from Remo will apply to people in the UK as
        well as in the States? Or can anyone tell me how I can find out?

        Thanks for your help.

        regards

        peter

        [Moderator's Note: Contact Christine Stevens at Remo for more information,
        cstevens@... -HS]
        Peter Batty
        Skin to Skin, Dorset, UK
        "Follow your bliss, and doors will open" - Joseph Campbell

        > Arthur Hull of Village Music Circles is having problems with his computer
        .
        <snip>