ANN: 1st Meeting, SE FL Million Women Drummers in 2013, 4-7, Coconut Creek, FL

  • Beverly Nadelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27 5:15 PM
      Calling women drummers and other women musicians-

      Please come to the first meeting of the Southeast Florida Chapter of the Million Women Drummers in 2013. Learn about the movement, how it relates to women drummers and musicians playing instruments made from trees, to reforestation, and how drumming and drum circles fit into the picture. Segue into the lovely Broward Drum Circle from 2:30-4:30.

      We will gather at 1PM on Saturday, April 7.  April 7 is the first day of Passover, so if you cannot make it and have interest in being involved, please send name, telephone number and email address to:

      zeva_s@...

      We will meet in the in the roofed picnic pavilion at:

      Fern Forest Nature Center
      201 Lyons Road
      Coconut Creek, FL

      Bring lunch and, if moved to do so, something to share, paper and pen, and of course, drums and other instruments.

      (If the pavilion has been booked by a group, we will meet at a picnic table in the open.)

      Park as close to the entrance as possible. Look back at the driveway you drove in on. Follow the path to the left of the driveway as you are facing it into the pavilion.

      Fern Forest Nature Center is lovely and small enough to be manageable. You may wish to come early, visit the Nature Center and walk the boardwalk trails. The park closes at 5 so there will not be time to do so afterward. Maps and directions are available at the site:

      http://www.broward.org/parks/fernforestnaturecenter/pages/default.aspx

      Visit the Million Women Drummers Community page at:

      https://www.facebook.com/MillionWomenDrummers2013

      Beverly

      Walk in beauty on your path.