Dragon Boat Drum

  • Michael Clark
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2009
      Hi
      Has anyone ever repaired the head on a dragon boat drum?
      Specifically I am looking for specifications on the head type and thickness.
    • Kenne Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2009
        Michael,

        I do not believe a head on a Chinese Dragon boat drum, the Ganggu can be repaired. I believe the only way is to replace the thick cowhide with a new skin. The technique is the same as heading a Miya Daiko so you may want to check with a Japanese Taiko maker.