Re: Recording djembe/dounun

  • tom harris
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2007
      I have tried lots of recording devices, and for the last 2 years I have been extremely happy with my Sony Hi-MD mini-disc recorder. It holds a 1 mb disk, has good software for downloading onto your computer, editing and burning CD's. It has become extremely easy to archive class recordings and make CD's for my students to use. The sound quality is excellent - it helps to spend $100 on a one point stereo microphone. I spent three weeks at Mamady Keita's mini-Guinea workshop in San Diego last year, and I have all of the material from 60 hours of classes at my disposal now. Try
      http://www.minidisco.com/
      for prices.

      Hope this helps

      Tom
    • tom harris
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
        >>> "tom harris" <tom.harris@...> 01/09/07 11:25 PM >>>
        I have tried lots of recording devices, and for the last 2 years I have
        been extremely happy with my Sony Hi-MD mini-disc recorder. It holds a
        1 mb disk, has good software for downloading onto your computer,
        editing and burning CD's. It has become extremely easy to archive class
        recordings and make CD's for my students to use. The sound quality is
        excellent - it helps to spend $100 on a one point stereo microphone. I
        spent three weeks at Mamady Keita's mini-Guinea workshop in San Diego
        last year, and I have all of the material from 60 hours of classes at my
        disposal now. Try
        http://www.minidisco.com/
        for prices.

        Hope this helps

        Tom

        I use the Sony MZ-RH10, around $300, and the ECM MS-907 one point stereo
        microphone, $99