Jembe Master Lamine Lopez Soumah Passes Away

  • Tiani Tarr
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2004
      8-13-2004

      Dear Drumming Community,

      Many of you have already heard, but I regret to inform you that Guinee
      and the world have lost another Jembe legend: Lamine Lopez Soumah of
      Les Percussions de Guinee.

      Lopez died on Tuesday, August 10, 2004, after a motorcycle accident and
      several months in medical care. His death was a shock and terrible
      tragedy as he is highly regarded by peers, younger artists, and
      students from around the world. A devout Muslim, husband, and father,
      Lopez is survived by 3 wives and 8 children. We will all miss him
      greatly. Another masterful legend has left our world. Allahakbar.

      Please visit <http://balletwarraba.org/lamine_lopez_soumah.htm> for
      more information about and photos of Lamine Lopez.

      Tiani Tarr
      Ballet Warraba

      Tiani Tarr
      PO Box 1261