Drum resources in Ann Arbour Mich.?

  • Dan & Pam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2004
      Hello Drummies
      A member on our circle is moving to the Ann Arbour (Mich)..
      Any drum circles / teachers in that area? Thanks for the help

      Be Well - Drum on

      Dan

      May the Pulse be with you
    • Michael Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2004
        Dan,

        In Ann Arbor, MI, we are blessed to have Titos Sompa and his brother Biza. Titos and Biza are from the Congo (Brazzaville). Both teach Congolese drumming and dance. Biza is an Adjunct Lecturer at the University of Michigan where he teaches three sections of Congolese Dance. He is also a professor at Washtenaw Community College where he teaches two sections of dance for the fall and winter semesters, and one section for spring. He has drummers for all of his college dance classes.

        Titos does so much work in this area. He teaches dance at Oakland University, as well as Albion College. He conducts after school programs in the Detroit area also.

        Both Titos and Biza are available for drum lessons. Congolese drumming is HOT!!! Titos has a website for more information:

        http://www.mbongivillage.org/

        I hope this helps.

        Michael G. Smith, Jr.
        Ann Arbor, MI

        A member on our circle is moving to the Ann Arbour (Mich).. Any drum circles / teachers in that area? Thanks for the help

        Be Well - Drum on

        Dan

        May the Pulse be with you

        New Ivory Coast African Dance Video with Mamadou Dahoue: http://www.drums.org/djembefaq/mamadou_dahoue1.htm (paid ad)

        Disclaimer: **All posts have been reviewed for content by the Moderators of Djembe-L. Approval of a post does not indicate endorsement by the Moderators of any opinion, product, or service offered.** rev. 6/04

        Visit our Djembe-L FAQ, companion website to our Djembe-L: http://www.drums.org/djembefaq
        Yahoo! Groups Links