PERF-Chicago: Chicago Djembe Project, Thurs. 2/7/02, 6 p.m.

  • Chicago Djembe Project
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2002
      Join Us for Another Chicago Djembe Project
      FREE African Drumming Performance!

      Thursday evening, February 7, 2002, 6:00-7:30
      University of Illinois/Chicago
      Chicago Illini Union building
      828 S. Wolcott
      (UIC campus, just south of I-290, 2 blocks east of Damen, 1 block south of
      Polk, near U. of I. Hospital. Parking at Wood and Taylor, 1 block south and
      east of venue.)

      The Chicago Djembe Project invites you to see and hear us in a free
      performance at UIC. Enjoy intricate, melodic, energetic Malinke percussion
      music from Guinea, West Africa. Meet and greet the group and learn more
      about CDP's Drum Workshops. We hope to see you there!

      Chicago Djembe Project Performing Ensemble:

      Lilian Friedberg, Leader/Solo Djembe, Bass Drums
      Jim Banks, Bass Drums, Solo Djembe
      Steve Foster, Bass Drums, Djembe
      Helen Bond, Bass Drums, Djembe

      For info online: