Patents again

    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 7, 2014

      Have Mike Patented the sliding release aproach? how about form1 and the tilt release borrowed from a major 3d printer manufacturer?

      does the tilt release still under protected patents?

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 9, 2014
        Hmm, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a DuPont patent ( that expired, that Mike based the B9 on) using a sliding vat with a higher and lower section VAT? Wasn't there a university whitepaper/thesis of a rotating - i.e. sliding vat too?

        Cheers!
        Peter
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 9, 2014
          There goes my rotating sliding idea :-)
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 9, 2014

            I´ve seen these Chinese 3d printer on youtube that is basicly a b9 copycat.

              maybe youre right, it is a expired patent.

            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 9, 2014
              Search Google patents for b9creations and you can read their two patents. Only one will be of interest.

              have fun :)

              On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 8:02 PM, afogassa@... [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] <diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              I´ve seen these Chinese 3d printer on youtube that is basicly a b9 copycat.

                maybe youre right, it is a expired patent.

            • Lino P. Stavole
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 9, 2014
                Nice
              • Fortino Tan
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 10, 2014
                Well, the chinese sell the copycat of b9 openly on 3d printing fair on guangzhou. Not to mention the form 1 copycat too. Now, who are going to sue them?

                Sent from Samsung tablet

              • wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk
                Message 8 of 18 , Jun 10, 2014
                  Dear Fortino,
                  Are you talking about the Toy fair, the Canton Fair or a special 3D printing fair?
                  Any details would be appreciated.
                  Chris

                  On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:02 AM, "Fortino Tan jolly_craft@... [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication]" <diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  [Attachment(s) from Fortino Tan included below]
                  Well, the chinese sell the copycat of b9 openly on 3d printing fair on guangzhou. Not to mention the form 1 copycat too. Now, who are going to sue them?

                  Sent from Samsung tablet

                  I´ve seen these Chinese 3d printer on youtube that is basicly a b9 copycat.
                    maybe youre right, it is a expired patent.

                • internetgiest
                  Message 9 of 18 , Jun 10, 2014
                    Hi,

                    A patent is only as strong as the ability to enforce it court.

                    Good day

                    Sent from my Virgin Mobile phone

                    I´ve seen these Chinese 3d printer on youtube that is basicly a b9 copycat.
                      maybe youre right, it is a expired patent.

                  • Boman33
                    Message 10 of 18 , Jun 10, 2014

                      Have the B9 and Form1 applied and received Chinese patents?

                      If not, the Chinese are free to sell it in China and every country where the respective patents have not been issued.

                      Bertho

                      [Attachment(s) from Fortino Tan included below]

                      Well, the chinese sell the copycat of b9 openly on 3d printing fair on guangzhou. Not to mention the form 1 copycat too. Now, who are going to sue them?

                    • rcardin07
                      Message 11 of 18 , Jun 10, 2014
                        No Peter, you are not wrong. Mike's patent is not worth much.
                      • fortino

                          Message 13 of 18 , Jun 19, 2014

                            Dear Fortino,

                            It seems that you know GZ quite well.
                            I did buy a Makerbot while I was here last year but I had to leave unexpectedly when the visa situation changed.  I donated my machine to the new library but now that I am back in town, I am looking for a printing and scanning service rather than buying a new printer.
                            Shapeways is a bit far from here but I am looking for alternatives.  I found plenty of people with machines but not with a good complete service.  On company wanted 5000 RMB for a 3D scan, another is charging 800 for even small FDM pieces.
                            Do you have any better recommendations?

                            Chris

[...]

                          • chuck merja
                            Message 14 of 18 , Jun 19, 2014
                              where are you? im in Northern USA with Flashforge

                              Chuck Merja
                              GO NERDS!
                              FIRST Robotics YouTube

                                  Message 17 of 18 , Jun 20, 2014
                                    Chris and Fortino,
                                    in which area of China are you now ?
                                    I'm finally starting my project and will do most of the manufacturing in ShenZhen.
                                    I could be interested in having someone already living there to support my project.
                                    We might continue this conversation in private as it's going OT, please feel free to contact me.
                                    This morning I should be able to take a final decision about a first batch of prototypes to be ordered in SZ.

                                    Paolo.

                                    Message 18 of 18 , Jun 20, 2014
                                      Dear Fortino,
                                          I have a couple more weeks of class here at Hua Nong in GZ before I head up to the Tibetan borderlands for the summer.  I just have to get away from this torrential rain and suffocating humidity for at least a few weeks.  Would love to hook up and hang out either before i leave or when I get back.
                                      wenshidi@... is my email address so that we can go OT without clogging up the list
                                      Chris