Looking at buying a 3d printer

  • alton_nightshade
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 8, 2014
      Recently I have been looking at printers on eBay, and decided that I would take my tax return and buy one of the prusa style machines. While speaking with a coworker and telling them about my plans they suggested looking on aliexpress.com and see if  there were any better deals on there. I found several machines on there for less than $500.00 dollars, some as low as $125.00. I'm curious if anyone has shooed on there for their printers and if they had good service or not.
    • alton_nightshade
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 8, 2014
        That should say shopped, not shooed
      • Kobus du Toit
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 8, 2014
          I haven't, but I just had a look and found something interesting
          This URL

          Has the text "SAMPLES MADE BY ACSLA"
          The first image looks very much like the first image at this URL http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-high-resolution-3D-DLP-printer-3D-printer/

          On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 1:27 PM, <alton_nightshade@...> wrote:

          That should say shopped, not shooed

        • Benjamin Mahony
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 8, 2014
            Says it comes with 2L of resin, if so it's cheaper to keep buying printers than to buy resin from them!!!

            Aliexpress has a escrow service, Which I have claimed on twice now with success but it is a long process, requires very little input but is slow.

            Seriously thinking about buying one just for the ride.....

            Ben M

            On 9/04/2014 1:32 PM, Kobus du Toit wrote:

            I haven't, but I just had a look and found something interesting
            This URL

            Has the text "SAMPLES MADE BY ACSLA"
            The first image looks very much like the first image at this URL http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-high-resolution-3D-DLP-printer-3D-printer/

            On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 1:27 PM, <alton_nightshade@...> wrote:

            That should say shopped, not shooed

          • Sector67 Team
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 8, 2014
              Anybody think it works?  Tempted to order one and find out (I'm with you on this one Ben), we've been very very very impressed by the FlashForge machines and their clones.

              Seems feasible at this cost given the parts involved (no projector, etc - lowers the price)

              Chris

              Chris Meyer
              Director
              Sector67

              608-241-4605
              http://sector67.org

              2100 Winnebago St
              Madison, WI  53704

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 8, 2014
                http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3D-printing-design-TMTCTW-B9C-SLA-DIY-3D-printer-b9creator-DLP-light-curing/1735203084.html

                This one looks familiar.....

                Cheap way of buying a projector.
                Also using the same photo's of 3d prints.
              • alton_nightshade
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 8, 2014
                  That's actually one of the systems I've been looking at, the one at this link is listed at a fairly cheep price.http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Flashforge-metal-diy-3D-printer-dual-extruder-reprap-machine-with-one-roll-ABS-and-one-roll/1747603233.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmailIf I go ahead and bite the bullet, this is probably what I will order since it's a dual extruder and has a metal case.
                • Benjamin Mahony
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 8, 2014
                    You just need to decide if you want Filament (FDM) or Resin (SLA) based
                    system.
                    Very different output. I assume you know the difference, pros and cons
                    of each, right?

                    Ben M

                    On 9/04/2014 2:16 PM, alton_nightshade@... wrote:
                    > .
                    > http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Flashforge-metal-diy-3D-printer-dual-extruder-reprap-machine-with-one-roll-ABS-and-one-roll/1747603233.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail
                  • Light77
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 9, 2014
                      Some of those are way too good to be true. It might be best to stick with those with feedback.
                      -Ron

                      On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM, Benjamin Mahony <ben.mahony@...> wrote:

                      You just need to decide if you want Filament (FDM) or Resin (SLA) based
                      system.
                      Very different output. I assume you know the difference, pros and cons
                      of each, right?

                      Ben M

                      On 9/04/2014 2:16 PM, alton_nightshade@... wrote:
                      > .
                      > http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Flashforge-metal-diy-3D-printer-dual-extruder-reprap-machine-with-one-roll-ABS-and-one-roll/1747603233.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail

                    • R J Hamlett
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 10, 2014
                        > Some of those are way too good to be true. It might be best to stick with
                        > those with feedback.
                        > -Ron
                        A lot of these type of things, have massive delivery charges.
                        You can (for instance), get 3D routers priced at perhaps 1/3rd the UK/US
                        price, but then find that the delivery charges (while still normally
                        leaving them 'cheaper'), takes up a lot of the difference.
                        $300 router. $500 shipping....
                        Beware.