Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Highest DIY XY resolution ?

  • Reinis Veips
    Message 1 of 87 , Oct 3, 2013
      Form1 uses 120mW 405nm diode:
      "Above is another view of the laser. According to the safety warning bundled
      with the printer, it is a 405nm, 120mW violet laser diode." [1]

      I burned down a __supposedly__ 700mW 405nm laser diode from bluray-burner (it's
      really not vise for software guy to solder constant current driver, isn't it?)

      The more powerful laser diodes are not easy to source- most of which are
      available for reasonable prices (ie < $100) actually come from replacement sleds for
      blu-ray writer drives.

      Reinis

      [1]: http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=3110

      On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 03:07:20PM +0100, Graham Stabler wrote:
      > I'm not aware of any DIY galvanometer solutions for 3D printing. The
      > Envisiontec machines are based on projectors aren't they?
      >
      > Unless you use a relatively powerful laser than galvanometers probably
      > offer more problems than they solve. The Peachy printer for example is
      > moving the spot at rates that could be easily achieved by moving the laser
      > source itself and you have no issues with defocus etc. I'm not sure about
      > the Form1, it might use a more powerful laser.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Graham
      >

      > On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM, <rm@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > So, in case of galvanometers, what is the highest DIY XY resolution today
      > > (that has been achieved!) ? In the commecial scene there is Envisiontec,
      > > capable of doing 0,01 mm (10 um). I think there is more to win on quality
      > > than there is on price

    • pjotr_du_mat
      Message 87 of 87 , Nov 18, 2013

        FYI

        ·           F-theta lens, 405nm, STS-0580/173, (US)$ 4733 each

        Is that a lot ?  Not if one is able to build large objects fast and accurate, I think.

        What other expensive (new) elements a printer requires, when (re)using parts of the HP LaserJet ?

        ---In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, <rm@...> wrote:

        Ah, was looking for that !  Tnx !

        ---In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, <grezmos@...> wrote:

        The lower video is fairly good: