RE: RE: LCD Panel 3d printer...future thoughts

  • quazga
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 10, 2013

      Woopsidaizers!

      I misspoke and I need to correct that so it doesn't cause confusion for someone later on.

      I stated that, "You need to transit lower frequencies of light in order to cure most photo curable resins.  However, this issue has lessened being that there are resins available now that can be cured with lower frequencies."

      For starters, I meant to type transmit not transit, but that's not the big error, the big error is I interchanged frequency with wavelength.  So I should have said, you need to transmit shorter wavelengths of light in order to cure most photo curable resins.  However, this issue has lessened being that there are resins available now that can be cured with longer wavelengths.

      I could have use the word frequency too by saying, you need to transmit higher frequencies of light in order to cure most photo curable resins.  However, this issue has lessened being that there are resins available now that can be cured with lower frequencies.

      Sorry about that! :D

      Oh and for other readers in the know, don't be afraid to correct me on anything.  I love to be corrected cuz I like getting it right and I also love learning new things. :)

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, <james-w-kincaid-lll@...> wrote:

      Resolution is not much of an issue.  DLP type 3D printers do just fine with the standard resolutions available.  Now, if want to print something big, that's different.  But there are ways around that as well, by simply adding more projectors or just moving the projector in an array patten and doing multiple exposures per layer.

      The main issue with using LCD monitors is transmission.  You need to transit lower frequencies of light in order to cure most photo curable resins.  However, this issue has lessened being that there are resins available now that can be cured with lower frequencies.

      If I were going to make a 3D printer using an LCD monitor the first thing I would do is find a resin that can work with higher frequencies.  The next thing I would do is get some LEDs that emit in that frequency rage and then start testing monitors for transmission capability in that range.

      Finding this combination would be great since we could then make DLP style printers without the high cost of acquiring a DLP projector.

      Then again, why do that when there are methods already developed where lasers are employed such as the mUVe 3D and the OpenSL.  Well, price wise LCDs would be a little cheaper than those two methods, but the real advantage is accuracy and repeatability.  Since the only moving part would be the Z axis, this makes for extremely precise finishes and nearly perfect repeatability.

    • Fortino Tan
      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 1, 2013

        Erkan,

        Your system works normally. When you set up slicer using mach 3 setting, the a axis is setup as extruder. To prevent the ooze, the a axis motor will retract backward very fast to avoid stringing in the printed object. And when the a axis extrude the material, the motor will turn slowly to push the filament to the extruder.

        You can clearly adjust the extract setting in slicer. The bigger the number, the more rotation will occur. Just enter 0, if you do not want any retraction occurs.

        Fortino

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android