RE: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Hi all, just a new guy on the block.

  • Walt Lockard
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2013

      Hi DLP_Builder,

      I took a look at your picture album.  Very nice.  It looks like you are getting some great resolution on the frog model.  I am trying to decide on a DLP projector and have narrowed it down to a number of models.  My goal is to max out on the lumens (2500 - 3000 ANSI), the native resolution (1920 X 1080), the contrast (15K-20K:1), and a minimum throw distance (feet).  I have a max of $1000USD for the projector.  If you had this budget, what would you get?  My wish is to create a print size similar to the Envisiontec “Ultra” which is 10.5” Length X 6.5” Width X 8” Depth.  Again, I want to build a top-down printer, similar to yours.  Thanks.

      Best Regards,

      Walt Lockard

      d e s i g n   p r a x i s,   i n c.

      “Your Solution – Our Expertise”

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2013
        Hi Walt,
        I just posted a hughe reply and then the f..... Yahoo said sorry can't post this now, try again later, and all my work was lost!
        Don't they understand that that is soooooo frustrating!

        I will try again later.