Re: Bls: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] buccanners 3d printer

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2013
      ha,ha! wait till they sale the printer for 50 bucks and charge 10 bucks for a spool. just as hp, lexmark and others do...
      there are very few things that the Chinese can´t make this days that cost 1/10 of what would cost anywhere else.
      where will it take us?

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2013
        Inkjet printers are a masterclass in making things cheaply regardless of the cheap printer:expensive ink model. The 3D printer is a slightly different beast, in some ways so much more simple (no mems) but in others harder (decent 3-axis positioning) it will be very interesting to see how it develops.

        I don't have an issue with the price for A 3D printer it just looked a little high for this one. However no doubt it will be a little different when released, no nuts involved in the construction would be a start though perhaps it is cheaper for them to employ people to assemble like that than to tap the holes in their pressed plates.

        Graham