Re: Using a cnc router for 3-D printing

  • Mich
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2013
      It is possible, there is actually a company that sells tabletop CNC mills that has a conversion kit for them. Can't remember the name off the top of my head but I can get the web address when I get home and send it to you, if nothing else it may give you some ideas on how to do your own.

      Sent from my iPhone
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2013

        I also have an ISEL router though I converted it to run on Mach3 as I did not have the software from ISEL and I hear it has quite performance.

        I suspect that to get proper control of an extruder you might need to do the same as I assume the motor driving the filament must be synchronized with the rest of the motion not just turned on and off.

        Cheers,

        Graham

        On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Peter <nyffeler@...> wrote:

        I have a cnc-router from ISEL and would like to use it for 3-D printing.
        Guess this should be possible by replacing the spindle with an extruder.
        Does anyone of you have already done this and can give my some hints?

      • alancarter1@sky.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2013
          Hi Try This site
          http://cnc2printer3d.wordpress.com/

          --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <nyffeler@...> wrote:

          > I have a cnc-router from ISEL and would like to use it for 3-D printing.
          > Guess this should be possible by replacing the spindle with an extruder.
          > Does anyone of you have already done this and can give my some hints?

        • Ricardo
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2013
            --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <nyffeler@...> wrote:

            > I have a cnc-router from ISEL and would like to use it for 3-D printing.
            > Guess this should be possible by replacing the spindle with an extruder.
            > Does anyone of you have already done this and can give my some hints?

            This link , http://www.rockcliffmachine.com/forum/showthread.php?586-3D-Printing-Mach3-Emc-on-a-CNC-Router might help you.
          • Nuri
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2013
              You can use this board as PID temperature controller for 3D printers. For lots of information regarding the conversion you can read here

              Regards