Which HD projector?? any suggestions..

  • Bhatt Himanshu
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25, 2013
      Hello,
      I ordered 2-3 Light sensors(for Grey mask), meanwhile i want to get rid of my BENQ.
      i found these Cheapest Projectors

      ViewSonic PRO8200
      Lumens : 2000
      Contrast: 4000:1

      ViewSonic PRO8300
      Lumens : 3000
      Contrast: 4000:1

      Optoma HD8000-LV
      2200 ANSI lumens and a 10,000:1 contrast ratio with ImageAI-II™
      (Now i am afraid of Higher Contrast coz my benq has 13000:1 and it really sucks)

      Optoma HD20
      1700 Lumens
      4000:1 Contrast..

      These are not the best available projector. but bellow 1000USD range..
      SO guys if you are using HD projector please share your opinion.
      Thanks,
      Himanshu Bhatt
    • s26570489
      Message 2 of 5 , May 28, 2013
        I found this link to be very helpful in searching for projectors.
        http://www.aboutprojectors.com/projector_search.php

        Message 3 of 5 , May 29, 2013
          I have found this one also to be helpful, when determining projector specs:
          http://www.projectorcentral.com

          Cheers!
          Peter

          --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "s26570489" <light77@...> wrote:

          > I found this link to be very helpful in searching for projectors.
          > http://www.aboutprojectors.com/projector_search.php
          >

          > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > > I ordered 2-3 Light sensors(for Grey mask), meanwhile i want to get rid of my BENQ.
          > > i found these Cheapest Projectors
          > >
          > > ViewSonic PRO8200
          > > Lumens : 2000
          > > Contrast: 4000:1
          > >
          > > ViewSonic PRO8300
          > > Lumens : 3000
          > > Contrast: 4000:1
          > >

          > > Optoma HD8000-LV
          > > 2200 ANSI lumens and a 10,000:1 contrast ratio with ImageAI-II™
          > > (Now i am afraid of Higher Contrast coz my benq has 13000:1 and it really sucks)
          > >
          > > Optoma HD20
          > > 1700 Lumens
          > > 4000:1 Contrast..
          > >
          > > These are not the best available projector. but bellow 1000USD range..
          > > SO guys if you are using HD projector please share your opinion.
          > > Thanks,
          > > Himanshu Bhatt

        • kotadia.dushyant
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 15, 2013

             How much print area will these projectors print ?

            Hey himanshu I am from India, I have come across 1st Indian who is interested in DLP 3D printing.

            Please help me out.

            Have u already built the printer ?

            ---In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

            Hello,
            I ordered 2-3 Light sensors(for Grey mask), meanwhile i want to get rid of my BENQ.
            i found these Cheapest Projectors

            ViewSonic PRO8200
            Lumens : 2000
            Contrast: 4000:1

            ViewSonic PRO8300
            Lumens : 3000
            Contrast: 4000:1

            Optoma HD8000-LV
            2200 ANSI lumens and a 10,000:1 contrast ratio with ImageAI-II™
            (Now i am afraid of Higher Contrast coz my benq has 13000:1 and it really sucks)

            Optoma HD20
            1700 Lumens
            4000:1 Contrast..

            These are not the best available projector. but bellow 1000USD range..
            SO guys if you are using HD projector please share your opinion.
            Thanks,
            Himanshu Bhatt
          • dlp_builder