Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Projector Calibration/ Lens Distortion

    Message 1 of 39 , May 23, 2013

      On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Bhatt Himanshu <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

      @Graham
      I read about ND filters and i think i can get it from local camera shop. Do i need diffuser if i use ND filter/filters properly.

      The reason I suggested a diffuser is because I was talking about converting a camera into a sensor so the "image" you get is actually an average of the light hitting the sensor. The idea of an ND filter is just to reduce the light levels though as I mention on another thread you can do this by projecting darker images anyway I think.

      I want to make it clear that I am not suggesting trying to measure the output of a specific pixel on the projector but rather to get the average intensity over a fairly small area (because crappy webcam sensors are tiny) and then use a grid of these measurements to produce a correction which should be fairly smooth if the aberration is only caused by the optics.

      Cheers,