Re: Projector Calibration/ Lens Distortion

  • Bhatt Himanshu
    Message 1 of 39 , May 20 9:14 AM
      Thanks fernando,
      you are right i found old post by techartisan

      > The main envisiontec document vault at
      > http://digfablab.wikispaces.com/RP+-+Perfactory+Literature
      > Has TONS of useful information....
      > Make sure you read the sections on setup and calibration....
      > Envisiontec machines are supposed to be put through a 48 point light
      > probe calibration before each build.....though in practical use most
      > owners Ive spoken to say they only do it when they first start the
      > machine up, After a couple of days, or when "something is acting
      > funny".

      Once upon a time i was good at Image Processing, i think i need to do it again. i am planning to put camera and will think about calibration system. first of all i will find their 48 point calibration method. if anyone using Envisiontec machine please post video of calibration system.It will be helpful.
      THanks,
      Himanshu Bhatt
      Message 39 of 39 , May 23 4:42 AM

        On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Bhatt Himanshu <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

        @Graham
        I read about ND filters and i think i can get it from local camera shop. Do i need diffuser if i use ND filter/filters properly.

        The reason I suggested a diffuser is because I was talking about converting a camera into a sensor so the "image" you get is actually an average of the light hitting the sensor. The idea of an ND filter is just to reduce the light levels though as I mention on another thread you can do this by projecting darker images anyway I think.

        I want to make it clear that I am not suggesting trying to measure the output of a specific pixel on the projector but rather to get the average intensity over a fairly small area (because crappy webcam sensors are tiny) and then use a grid of these measurements to produce a correction which should be fairly smooth if the aberration is only caused by the optics.

        Cheers,