Re: true black

    Message 1 of 21 , May 17, 2013
      LOL

      Can you keep a secret?
      Dell 5100MP and maybe plenty of other projectors.
      The cure time per layer is even less than one second, but the separation is what takes time.

      Cheers!
      Peter

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Fabio" <fabio.primaio@...> wrote:

      > this guy speaks of 1 sec/layer!!! really fast, which type of projector can do this,any idea?
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K0bb5_Pjkw
      >
      > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johntyson@> wrote:
      > >
      > > In my case, the lamp has to warm up for a few minutes to reach full brightness. Also, I only have one vga out so the projector is displaying my desktop untill I start the print cycle. That is the main reason I put in the motorized shutter. So I can have it open when the printing starts and close when done. Peter's bubble mailer does the same thing with much less complication.
      > >
      > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Ben Mahony <ben.mahony@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Why do you cover the lens? Why not turn turn off projector when you are
      > > > not using it? Surely this is as easy as sliding a Manila envelope over the
      > > > output?
      > > > Ben M
      > > > Posting from a beer garden in Bavaria

    • Jon Elson
      Message 2 of 21 , May 17, 2013
        loquin.guillaume wrote:
        > i like the VAT tilting motion!

        Yes, looks very good, and may help to keep the pigment stirred in
        the resin, too. I think such a mechanism would be pretty easy to
        build.

        Jon
      • wwbourn
        Message 3 of 21 , May 20, 2013
          I would say 4 bar linkage as well for the movement. Looks like a great idea for using sliding and tilting. Thanks for sharing the video link.