LERN

  • Fabio
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2013
      A bit off topic in this forum, nobody knows about Ecat,Rossi-Focardi reactor? In short, good news from nickel-hydrogen low energy nuclear reactions seems they have found huge amount of cheap energy without letal radiation.They unveils first prototype in Bologna two years ago and now a lot Company and Istitutions aims to go in this way. Too good..?
    • Fernando Muñiz
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15, 2013
        Really a bit off topic :))
        But as I am very interested in energy generation in general (no pun intended), I have been following this LENR (short for Low Energy Nuclear Reactions) with some surprise.
        Here you can watch 2 seminars at CERN where they summarise the new(ish) material:

        http://cds.cern.ch/record/1433865
        http://cds.cern.ch/record/1433866

        These seminars are medium level and the content is quite understandable if you can cope with the thick accent, specifically of the older guy.

        There is still debate on this, but it seems to be better documented than cold fusion was. Several private companies and government departments over the world are looking deeper into this now.
        But be careful about what you hear from Ecat and Rossi, as they seem to have gone a bit crosscountry selling LENR generators with many questions pending answer. Here is the latest promotional material from them, with comic sans and all. Didn't have time to watch it yet though, so I don't know if it's any good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HwYXL-lmHY

        Newer, solid data on this topic is difficult to locate though, they say they will publish something soon on a peer reviewed journal, so let's wait and see.
        I hope it works for real though!!!

        On 05/15/2013 11:37 AM, Fabio wrote:

        A bit off topic in this forum, nobody knows about Ecat,Rossi-Focardi reactor? In short, good news from nickel-hydrogen low energy nuclear reactions seems they have found huge amount of cheap energy without letal radiation.They unveils first prototype in Bologna two years ago and now a lot Company and Istitutions aims to go in this way. Too good..?

      • Jon Elson
        Message 3 of 4 , May 15, 2013
          Fabio wrote:
          > A bit off topic in this forum, nobody knows about Ecat,Rossi-Focardi reactor? In short, good news from nickel-hydrogen low energy nuclear reactions seems they have found huge amount of cheap energy without letal radiation.They unveils first prototype in Bologna two years ago and now a lot Company and Istitutions aims to go in this way. Too good..?

          Rossi meets ALL the hallmarks of a charlatan. Great amounts of secrecy,
          nobody credible is allowed to examine the system, lots of talk about
          secret government agencies buying all the units, and on and on.

          I'm REALLY skeptical. But, then University of Missouri has
          just hired a "former Navy physicist" to lead a group studying
          this sort of stuff. They are setting up the "Sidney Kimmel Institute
          for Nuclear Renaissance". I do believe there is SOMETHING
          going on with all this "cold fusion" stuff that should be
          studied, but am pretty skeptical that it will be a new source
          of boundless energy.

          Jon
        • gsi11135
          Message 4 of 4 , May 15, 2013
            Moderator hat on. (Sorry guys, I think LENR is very interesting BUT it is WAY off topic...unless parts are being produced via additive manufacturing!)

            Please take this discuss to PM or the appropriate forum.

            Joseph
            Owner/Moderator
            Party Pooper