Re: Dell 2400MP- What modifications?

    Message 1 of 7 , May 9, 2013
      Hi Conv67Ford,

      as I have been using successfully a Dell 5100MP for a while now, the only mod I have had to do is to move the lens forward by using a spacer and removing the focus limiting screw.

      I would guess ( since the 2400MP is the little brother of the 5100 ) that you might need to do a similar procedure.
      Do not remove the color wheel or do any permanent mods yet.

      Cheers!
      Peter

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "conv73ford" <m.delcastillo4@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have any info on modifying the Dell 2400mp for printing?
      >
      > I plan on removing the color wheel but what modification to the optics need to be done?
      >
      > Is there anyone using this projector that might have images of the mod?
      >
      > Thanks,

    • conv73ford
      Message 2 of 7 , May 9, 2013
        Thanks guys!

        I'm still a ways from getting my printer running as I'm waiting for parts to show up but I will refrain from removing color wheel and will investigate moving the lens.

        Matt

        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "conv73ford" <m.delcastillo4@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have any info on modifying the Dell 2400mp for printing?
        >
        > I plan on removing the color wheel but what modification to the optics need to be done?
        >
        > Is there anyone using this projector that might have images of the mod?
        >
        > Thanks,

      • mr_galvo
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2015
          Hi,

          I realize that this is a bit of an older thread but I was curious how you made out with the Dell 2400MP projector?

          The used cost of this projector continues to drop and given its high Lumen rating it seems like it would be a good 3D printing candidate. I've bought one cheaply but am still waiting for it to arrive.

          I've heard various reports about the color wheels and IR filter (and that removing components can result in bad smells and potential melt downs.

          I'm curious if I can leave them both in and either hope that close proximity to the resin bath gives off enough UV light or else try to find a resin that cures with normal light as well as UV (although cure times will be slower.)

          Anyhow, if there's anything I can learn from your trial and error let me know. If not you may find me writing more here on my own (hopefully good thing!)

          Thanks.

          ~ A.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 8, 2015

            Hi A. Check my site www.3dlprint.com. I've used a Dell 5100MP and the only mods are 3 stanoffs that the lens sits on and a sleeve, so no stray light enters. Everything else is stock.

            Cheers!
            Peter

            ---In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, <wirelessguyny@...> wrote :

[...]

          • ERKAN BISEVAC
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8, 2015
              Did you guys see this at instructables.com?
              Somebody made hi res printer with Mitsubishi DLP printer for about $60 plus resin.
              Go to instructables.com and type

              Chimera: $60 DLP High-Res 3D Printer

              Thanks,
              Erkan