Yan: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Anyone Tried Spot-E, Spot-HT, Spot-GP

  • Sinan Demir
    Message 1 of 9 , May 6, 2013

      You're not the only one suffering from there ; )

      fernando a good friend ( Although not help me  :) :) )

      fernando will help you

      I have to test spot gp and spot ht

      spot gp
      my projector settings ( my projector 2000 lumens)
      brıghtness % 45
      contrast % 48
      layer thıcknes 0.05 mm
      cure tıme 5.5 sec. or 6 sec.

      spot ht
      my projector settings
      brıghtness % 43
      contrast % 46
      layer thıcknes 0.05 mm
      cure tıme 4.5sec. or 5 sec.

      but fırst ( support ) 10 or 20 layers 30 sec.

      Kimden: Bhatt Himanshu <bhatthimanshu@...>
      Kime: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com
      Gönderildiği Tarih: 7 Mayıs 2013 2:21 Salı
      Konu: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Anyone Tried Spot-E, Spot-HT, Spot-GP

      Hello,
      I got cure time of 30sec with B9C Red so i want to switch over to spotamaterial(I have bad experience with SPOT-IC didnt cure at all :)) . it was before six months still its Under Development.
      Another problem with B9C-red is its pigmentation its red pigment settle down the VAT. I am not using Sliding mechanism only Z axis with 10 mm stroke per layer. and i am paying 200EUR for duty and Shipping for 70 EUR resin :) so want to know your experience with Spotamaterial so i can choose wisely this time. Please dont forget to mention Resin name, Cure time , Projector Lumens and XY Resolution.
      My Projector is BENQ MX518 2700 Lumens and printing at 50um resolution.
      Thanks,
      Himanshu

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication-digest@yahoogroups.com
          diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Bhatt Himanshu
      Message 2 of 9 , May 7, 2013
        Thanks for info. I expect fernando to say something. That time he dint have printer, but now he has so I hope their resin atleast respond to projector in well defined behaviour. Guys if you are using spota please share data
        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Sinan Demir <troy_3ddesign@...> wrote:

        > You're not the only one suffering from there ; )
        >
        > fernando a good friend ( Although not help me  :) :) )
        >
        > fernando will help you
        >
        > I have to test spot gp and spot ht
        >
        > spot gp
        > my projector settings ( my projector 2000 lumens)
        > brıghtness % 45
        > contrast % 48
        > layer thıcknes 0.05 mm
        > cure tıme 5.5 sec. or 6 sec.
        >
        > spot ht
        > my projector settingsbrıghtness % 43
        > contrast % 46
        > layer thıcknes 0.05 mm
        > cure tıme 4.5sec. or 5 sec.
        >
        > but fırst ( support ) 10 or 20 layers 30 sec.
        >

        > ________________________________
        > Kimden: Bhatt Himanshu <bhatthimanshu@...>
        > Kime: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com
        > Gönderildiği Tarih: 7 Mayıs 2013 2:21 Salı
        > Konu: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Anyone Tried Spot-E, Spot-HT, Spot-GP
        >

        > Hello,
        > I got cure time of 30sec with B9C Red so i want to switch over to spotamaterial(I have bad experience with SPOT-IC didnt cure at all :)) . it was before six months still its Under Development.
        > Another problem with B9C-red is its pigmentation its red pigment settle down the VAT. I am not using Sliding mechanism only Z axis with 10 mm stroke per layer. and i am paying 200EUR for duty and Shipping for 70 EUR resin :) so want to know your experience with Spotamaterial so i can choose wisely this time. Please dont forget to mention Resin name, Cure time , Projector Lumens and XY Resolution.
        > My Projector is BENQ MX518 2700 Lumens and printing at 50um resolution.
        > Thanks,
        > Himanshu

        >     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • loquin.guillaume
        Message 3 of 9 , May 7, 2013
          hello,

          here my results with SpotGP:

          DELL 5100MP mode eco
          layer thickness 0.05 mm
          curing time @ 3.5 sec

          Guillaume.

          Message 4 of 9 , May 7, 2013
            my mistake, results below are for SpotHT, not GP :)

            Message 5 of 9 , May 7, 2013
              is this SPOT-HT for B9Creator or you added pigments according to your need..
            • Fernando Muñiz
              Message 6 of 9 , May 8, 2013
                Hello all!

                Let's clarify some of the concepts:

                Both Spot-HT and Spot-GP exist in a standard version and a version that is to be used in the more optically powerful, PDMS non-stick solution printers. What is the main difference between both:

                The standard resins have a much higher cure rate and as such are much faster. Cure times of between 1 to 8 seconds per layer are tipical. Standard resins come in clear form and can be dyed or pigmented in a range of colors. Adding colorants will alter the cure speed a bit and also allow for easier cure depth regulation. This resin version is the one to be used with LEDs and lower power light sources.

                PDMS and B9 compatible resins are a modification of the above and are made less reactive so that they can function within the parameters of the PDMS non-stick solution. Cure times of 3 - 15 seconds per layer are typical. This version of the resins comes in a yellow color, although once I have my new B9 vat ready, we will be going for a grey version, which I think people will prefer.

                As for the Spot-IC v0.1 that I sent to Himanshu, that was indeed a very low reactivity resin and was only interesting for very high power setups.
                The new version that is being tested currently will be a lot more reactive and also have many more improvements that jewelers have been asking us to develop. But we will not offer this resin until it is pitch perfect.

                I hope this clears some doubts.
                Cheers!
                F.

                Message 7 of 9 , May 8, 2013
                  Thanks Fernando,
                  I know this is DIY and your Prices are too good. my point was to confirm resin before ordering. now tell me one thing B9Creator Resin is the Standard resin with some pigment or Different Chemistry? I am using my own developed printer with 2800 Lumen BENQ and PDMS VAT . I need Best Cure time. So what you suggest Standard or B9C Version??

                  --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Fernando Muñiz <spacecaptain@...> wrote:

                  > Hello all!
                  >
                  > Let's clarify some of the concepts:
                  >
                  > Both Spot-HT and Spot-GP exist in a standard version and a version that
                  > is to be used in the more optically powerful, PDMS non-stick solution
                  > printers. What is the main difference between both:
                  >
                  > The standard resins have a much higher cure rate and as such are much
                  > faster. Cure times of between 1 to 8 seconds per layer are tipical.
                  > Standard resins come in clear form and can be dyed or pigmented in a
                  > range of colors. Adding colorants will alter the cure speed a bit and
                  > also allow for easier cure depth regulation. This resin version is the
                  > one to be used with LEDs and lower power light sources.
                  >
                  > PDMS and B9 compatible resins are a modification of the above and are
                  > made less reactive so that they can function within the parameters of
                  > the PDMS non-stick solution. Cure times of 3 - 15 seconds per layer are
                  > typical. This version of the resins comes in a yellow color, although
                  > once I have my new B9 vat ready, we will be going for a grey version,
                  > which I think people will prefer.
                  >
                  > As for the Spot-IC v0.1 that I sent to Himanshu, that was indeed a very
                  > low reactivity resin and was only interesting for very high power setups.
                  > The new version that is being tested currently will be a lot more
                  > reactive and also have many more improvements that jewelers have been
                  > asking us to develop. But we will not offer this resin until it is pitch
                  > perfect.
                  >
                  > I hope this clears some doubts.
                  > Cheers!
                  > F.
                  >
                  > On 05/08/2013 08:00 AM, Bhatt Himanshu wrote:
                  > >
                  > > is this SPOT-HT for B9Creator or you added pigments according to your
                  > > need..

                • Fernando Muñiz
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 8, 2013
                    The chemistry is exactly the same, the difference lies only in the reactivity which is tuned for different setups.
                    The one you mention, 2800 ANSI Lumens and PDMS non-stick would be best suited for the B9 and compatible resin, meaning the yellow pigmented resin with adjusted reactivity.

                    Cheers!
                    F.