Projector selection

  • rodzoom5
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 11:46 AM
      I am just thinking about building a hobby DIY printer and I have questions on projector basics for the design.

      I assume the best indicator of part detail would be the Native Pixel Resolution of the projector (higher= better) but some projectors offer higher resolution by other processes ( I assume the pixels are somehow PWM for each color segment ) . Does this make a difference in curing the resin? Can you get a 1/2 pixel resolution?

      What inputs are necessary to time and drive the projector? Is there a system skematic?

      Is it best to remove the color wheel for the fastest print time?

      I assume the projector needs to be a DLP type--other projectors (LCD
      LcOS would not work or not work as well )

      Has any one had any success with a Micro Projector with a narrow spectrum 402nm LED source?

      Thanks in advance