Reprap?

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 8:39 AM
      I joined the group recently and have been following the messages before jumping in.
      It seems that most people seem to have the dlp style of printer. Is this group for people with reprap style printers? I have just ordered a reprap kit and I am looking for a group that can help me through the build and calibration.

      Thanks

      Neil
    • achillepomeroy
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2 10:32 AM
        Check out forums.reprap.org. That's the official reprap forum, and it's got a ton of info on it.

        If you're looking for help a little quicker, you can always hop on the reprap irc. It's a chat room for people to talk about repraps. Pop over and ask any question you have,vpeople will be happy to help! I'm not sure on the URL for that, but if you google "reprap irc freenode", it should come up.

        Good luck with your reprap! I've got one as well, it's a blast to put together and tinker with.

        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Neil" <SpookyDad@...> wrote:

        > I joined the group recently and have been following the messages before jumping in.
        > It seems that most people seem to have the dlp style of printer. Is this group for people with reprap style printers? I have just ordered a reprap kit and I am looking for a group that can help me through the build and calibration.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Neil

      • garyhodgson
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2 10:34 AM
          Hi Neil,

          I would say that you would be better off asking your questions on the RepRap forum (http://forums.reprap.org). As you rightly point out, this list is generally more focussed on other designs, such as DLP based printers (not that I'm sure people would gladly answer any reprap-oriented questions of course).

          The reprap forums have a series of categories for particular designs, such as Mendel, Rostock, etc.

          Good luck with the building!

          Gary