Re: OPTICS MELTED

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 29, 2013
      I´m using Spot HT, NOT the b9 version. 6 sec with plain resin, 9 sec with red pigment at 200um x,y and 100um in Z.it works fine for me and my projector, don´t know if other projectors or resins will behave in the same way as i´ve not tried anything else.
      Adding pigment to the resin will make it brittle a little but helps to stop the light from going too deep into the resin and curing unwanted layers.
      Anyway, i ran out of resin and have not made too many prints since I found out all the little tricks to get it right.
      Also, I´m not making any money with this machine so, it´s just a expensive toy to keep for now as i´ve other machines to take care of to make me some money.

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

      > Hey you got pretty good results even at 200um. so if you try at 50um than you will get 1-2 sec cure time..Spotamaterials have many resins, which one are you using?? is it made for B9Creator or you tried different pigmentation levels??
      >

      > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I´m using Fernando's resin, Spotamaterials, and pmds.
      > > contrast at 50%.
      > > I´m getting 8 to 10 sec expossure on a 200 um xy and 100um in z.
      > >

      > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Which Resin are you using?? B9C and which projector. Thanks for sharing settings. what about contrast? please if you dont mind share most of the settings. so i can reduce build time for B9 Red resin. right now its around 40Secs for 50um layerthickness and 50um XY resolution. I think i should get better exposure time. I was expecting around 8-10 secs..

    • Fabio
      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2013
        Where do you have put the 2-3mm spacer? hacked like B9 style?
        I only unscrewed with a gauge the thin ring in front final lens.
        Before apply few drops of glue remover with a sharp tool.Be sure, don't splash on coating lens!!!

        Fabio