Anyone Used CS Hyde Teflon Sheet??

  • Bhatt Himanshu
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2013
      I am not getting good result in B9 Red resin using my Benq MX518 . so i tried local resin, it is more reactive i am getting good exposure time. But this resin is acidic in nature (according to its developer) so my PDMS gets sticky within 2-3 prints. it works well with teflon, they tried it with envisiontec VAT which contains Silicon as well as teflon.
      So i ordered PTFE from cshyde with and without adhesive.its really tough to get rid of air bubbles. anyone tried PTFE ? how do you glue it to VAT base???
    • Graham
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 28, 2013
        I have not tried it but you might want to try floating the film into position with soapy water, squeegee out the water and bubbles and allow to dry.

        Graham

        On 28 Apr 2013, at 23:29, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

        I am not getting good result in B9 Red resin using my Benq MX518 . so i tried local resin, it is more reactive i am getting good exposure time. But this resin is acidic in nature (according to its developer) so my PDMS gets sticky within 2-3 prints. it works well with teflon, they tried it with envisiontec VAT which contains Silicon as well as teflon.
        So i ordered PTFE from cshyde with and without adhesive.its really tough to get rid of air bubbles. anyone tried PTFE ? how do you glue it to VAT base???

      • Benjamin Mahony
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 28, 2013
          I second that - use water and soap.  In case you have not done this before, here are some tips.  I use 'no name' washing up detergent, the cheap ones usually have less additives, the big name ones have, oily scents and oils to protect users hands etc.
          You only need say 6 drops for 500ml, basically just add enough that it will wet a surface when sprayed and not clump together forming drops.   If you spray some on your fingers then when you handle the film you will not leave finger marks on the films adhesive.   Also I don't know about the product in particular, but we stick a peice of marking tape to the front at one corner and another to the back off the same corner before spraying anything, then pull the tape apart to peel off the protective layer. Better than creasing the edge trying to peel them apart with your wet slippery fingers.  Also you can use the water to make the foil temporarily stick to smooth surfaces.  We often apply $3000 touch foil overlays.  We stand the glass up, if it flat dust might settle on it, clean the glass, spray with soapy water then place the foil the wrong way around onto the surface (it clings to the water) then peel off the protective sheet and spray the adhesive side with the soapy water, then flip it over, float it into place then squeegee it on, starting at the top edge and working your way down, over lapping each pass, with a felt covered squeegee or a solid felt block, or cover the foil with the protective film that was just peeled off and squeegee over that.
          Not all off this will be necessary with such a small area but just putting it out there.
          Ben M

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
            hey Ben,
            Thanks for the information. i got 60% of what you want to say. my teflon is in TAPE format so there is no protective layer. which teflon you are using?? can you give me a link??
          • Benjamin Mahony
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
              Sorry it was more general information, I do not use any special vat coatings, as I have been projecting the image on to the top surface of the fluid in my vat, I did not mean to mislead you, I use the method I was describing for vinyl graphics, touch foils and once for the window tint on my van.

              Ben M

            • wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 30, 2013
                I enjoyed reading this report on Slashdot and wondered if you guys had any thoughts about how it might effect the development and prices of a Digital projectors and SL 3D Printers?

                "Researchers from the University of California, Santa Barbara, in collaboration with colleagues at the École Polytechnique in France, have been able to prove the theory behind LED 'droop.' LED droop is the term for how LEDs emit less light when the amount of current being pushed through them goes above a certain level. 'The cost per lumen of LEDs has held the technology back as a viable replacement for incandescent bulbs for all-purpose commercial and residential lighting.' Now that we understand what causes this, we should start to see research go into technology to circumvent LED Droop. 'LEDs have enormous potential for providing long-lived high quality efficient sources of lighting for residential and commercial applications. The U.S. Department of Energy recently estimated that the widespread replacement of incandescent and fluorescent lights by LEDs in the U.S. could save electricity equal to the total output of fifty 1 GW power plants.'"