Re: OPTICS MELTED

  • Bhatt Himanshu
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
      ARE YOU USING BENQ ECO?? I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT SETTINGS.

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
        Yes, turn brilhant mode on, adjust brighteness to about 70% of it´s maximum.keep it in eco mode, lamps will last longer.

        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        > I removed/break colorwheel as well as IR/UV Filter from lamp module.
        > it worked well for few days than suddenly resin stops reacting. projector was second hand so i thought bulb is dying and ordered new bulb . after replacing bulb i came to know optics/Light Guide was problematic. It melted. Now i am using NEW BENQ MX518 . my question is if i remove colorwheel only is there any chance to melt optics?? did anyone observed this problem.
        > Thanks,
        > Regards,
        > Himanshu

      • Bhatt Himanshu
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
          Which Resin are you using?? B9C and which projector. Thanks for sharing settings. what about contrast? please if you dont mind share most of the settings. so i can reduce build time for B9 Red resin. right now its around 40Secs for 50um layerthickness and 50um XY resolution. I think i should get better exposure time. I was expecting around 8-10 secs..

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
            I´m using Fernando's resin, Spotamaterials, and pmds.
            contrast at 50%.
            I´m getting 8 to 10 sec expossure on a 200 um xy and 100um in z.

            --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

            > Which Resin are you using?? B9C and which projector. Thanks for sharing settings. what about contrast? please if you dont mind share most of the settings. so i can reduce build time for B9 Red resin. right now its around 40Secs for 50um layerthickness and 50um XY resolution. I think i should get better exposure time. I was expecting around 8-10 secs..
            >
            > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes, turn brilhant mode on, adjust brighteness to about 70% of it´s maximum.keep it in eco mode, lamps will last longer.
            > >
            > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello everyone,
            > > > I removed/break colorwheel as well as IR/UV Filter from lamp module.
            > > > it worked well for few days than suddenly resin stops reacting. projector was second hand so i thought bulb is dying and ordered new bulb . after replacing bulb i came to know optics/Light Guide was problematic. It melted. Now i am using NEW BENQ MX518 . my question is if i remove colorwheel only is there any chance to melt optics?? did anyone observed this problem.
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Regards,
            > > > Himanshu

          • Bhatt Himanshu
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 29, 2013
              Hey you got pretty good results even at 200um. so if you try at 50um than you will get 1-2 sec cure time..Spotamaterials have many resins, which one are you using?? is it made for B9Creator or you tried different pigmentation levels??

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 29, 2013
                I´m using Spot HT, NOT the b9 version. 6 sec with plain resin, 9 sec with red pigment at 200um x,y and 100um in Z.it works fine for me and my projector, don´t know if other projectors or resins will behave in the same way as i´ve not tried anything else.
                Adding pigment to the resin will make it brittle a little but helps to stop the light from going too deep into the resin and curing unwanted layers.
                Anyway, i ran out of resin and have not made too many prints since I found out all the little tricks to get it right.
                Also, I´m not making any money with this machine so, it´s just a expensive toy to keep for now as i´ve other machines to take care of to make me some money.

                --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

                > Hey you got pretty good results even at 200um. so if you try at 50um than you will get 1-2 sec cure time..Spotamaterials have many resins, which one are you using?? is it made for B9Creator or you tried different pigmentation levels??
                >

                > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I´m using Fernando's resin, Spotamaterials, and pmds.
                > > contrast at 50%.
                > > I´m getting 8 to 10 sec expossure on a 200 um xy and 100um in z.
                > >

                > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Which Resin are you using?? B9C and which projector. Thanks for sharing settings. what about contrast? please if you dont mind share most of the settings. so i can reduce build time for B9 Red resin. right now its around 40Secs for 50um layerthickness and 50um XY resolution. I think i should get better exposure time. I was expecting around 8-10 secs..

              • Fabio
                Message 7 of 11 , May 2, 2013
                  Where do you have put the 2-3mm spacer? hacked like B9 style?
                  I only unscrewed with a gauge the thin ring in front final lens.
                  Before apply few drops of glue remover with a sharp tool.Be sure, don't splash on coating lens!!!

                  Fabio