Re: OPTICS MELTED

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
      Dont remove anything, it will work just as good if it is 2500 lumens.fernando´s resin will cure in about 6 sec without pigment, 9 to 10 sec with red pigment(0.1mm Layer).this is on eco mode.it will be faster on normal mode.

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone,
      > I removed/break colorwheel as well as IR/UV Filter from lamp module.
      > it worked well for few days than suddenly resin stops reacting. projector was second hand so i thought bulb is dying and ordered new bulb . after replacing bulb i came to know optics/Light Guide was problematic. It melted. Now i am using NEW BENQ MX518 . my question is if i remove colorwheel only is there any chance to melt optics?? did anyone observed this problem.
      > Thanks,
      > Regards,
      > Himanshu

    • Bhatt Himanshu
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
        ARE YOU USING BENQ ECO?? I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT SETTINGS.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
          Yes, turn brilhant mode on, adjust brighteness to about 70% of it´s maximum.keep it in eco mode, lamps will last longer.

          --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

          > Hello everyone,
          > I removed/break colorwheel as well as IR/UV Filter from lamp module.
          > it worked well for few days than suddenly resin stops reacting. projector was second hand so i thought bulb is dying and ordered new bulb . after replacing bulb i came to know optics/Light Guide was problematic. It melted. Now i am using NEW BENQ MX518 . my question is if i remove colorwheel only is there any chance to melt optics?? did anyone observed this problem.
          > Thanks,
          > Regards,
          > Himanshu

        • Bhatt Himanshu
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
            Which Resin are you using?? B9C and which projector. Thanks for sharing settings. what about contrast? please if you dont mind share most of the settings. so i can reduce build time for B9 Red resin. right now its around 40Secs for 50um layerthickness and 50um XY resolution. I think i should get better exposure time. I was expecting around 8-10 secs..

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
              I´m using Fernando's resin, Spotamaterials, and pmds.
              contrast at 50%.
              I´m getting 8 to 10 sec expossure on a 200 um xy and 100um in z.

              --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

              > Which Resin are you using?? B9C and which projector. Thanks for sharing settings. what about contrast? please if you dont mind share most of the settings. so i can reduce build time for B9 Red resin. right now its around 40Secs for 50um layerthickness and 50um XY resolution. I think i should get better exposure time. I was expecting around 8-10 secs..
              >
              > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yes, turn brilhant mode on, adjust brighteness to about 70% of it´s maximum.keep it in eco mode, lamps will last longer.
              > >
              > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hello everyone,
              > > > I removed/break colorwheel as well as IR/UV Filter from lamp module.
              > > > it worked well for few days than suddenly resin stops reacting. projector was second hand so i thought bulb is dying and ordered new bulb . after replacing bulb i came to know optics/Light Guide was problematic. It melted. Now i am using NEW BENQ MX518 . my question is if i remove colorwheel only is there any chance to melt optics?? did anyone observed this problem.
              > > > Thanks,
              > > > Regards,
              > > > Himanshu

            • Bhatt Himanshu
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 29, 2013
                Hey you got pretty good results even at 200um. so if you try at 50um than you will get 1-2 sec cure time..Spotamaterials have many resins, which one are you using?? is it made for B9Creator or you tried different pigmentation levels??

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 29, 2013
                  I´m using Spot HT, NOT the b9 version. 6 sec with plain resin, 9 sec with red pigment at 200um x,y and 100um in Z.it works fine for me and my projector, don´t know if other projectors or resins will behave in the same way as i´ve not tried anything else.
                  Adding pigment to the resin will make it brittle a little but helps to stop the light from going too deep into the resin and curing unwanted layers.
                  Anyway, i ran out of resin and have not made too many prints since I found out all the little tricks to get it right.
                  Also, I´m not making any money with this machine so, it´s just a expensive toy to keep for now as i´ve other machines to take care of to make me some money.

                  --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@...> wrote:

                  > Hey you got pretty good results even at 200um. so if you try at 50um than you will get 1-2 sec cure time..Spotamaterials have many resins, which one are you using?? is it made for B9Creator or you tried different pigmentation levels??
                  >

                  > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I´m using Fernando's resin, Spotamaterials, and pmds.
                  > > contrast at 50%.
                  > > I´m getting 8 to 10 sec expossure on a 200 um xy and 100um in z.
                  > >

                  > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bhatt Himanshu" <bhatthimanshu@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Which Resin are you using?? B9C and which projector. Thanks for sharing settings. what about contrast? please if you dont mind share most of the settings. so i can reduce build time for B9 Red resin. right now its around 40Secs for 50um layerthickness and 50um XY resolution. I think i should get better exposure time. I was expecting around 8-10 secs..

                • Fabio
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 2 2:59 AM
                    Where do you have put the 2-3mm spacer? hacked like B9 style?
                    I only unscrewed with a gauge the thin ring in front final lens.
                    Before apply few drops of glue remover with a sharp tool.Be sure, don't splash on coating lens!!!

                    Fabio