Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Coarse surface....topological aspect

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2013
      Correct, you would expect a faceted surface (still made up of stair cases)

      I suspect you are a little out of focus with your smooth models.

      Graham

      On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM, joan raven <jonichk@...> wrote:

      but It will be more logical if there are a faceted (triangulated) curve, just to show this triangulation on the model???
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2013
        And could that be because your resin level has gone down slightly?

        On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Graham Stabler <grezmos@...> wrote:
        I suspect you are a little out of focus with your smooth models.

      • Francis Leach
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 4, 2013
        Dear Solidprinters.

        The result from the B9 creator looks very good.

        Even the Professionals "Shapeways" have their limitations.

        I attach for you general interest  shots of commercial offering from them which I term "as rough as a bears Ar*e"

        There should be standards quoted for the surface finish of flat surfaces so one can assess the suitability of the numerous solidprinting machines and associated results.

        The best machines on the market are the Solidscape wax printer and the Envisiontec Prefactory.

        It appears that the B9 machine is getting their and I hope the Formlab liberates good results.

        regards

        Francis Leach

        On 3 April 2013 23:56, jwanett <jonichk@...> wrote:

        Hi everyone!!!

        At first sorry for my english, i'll try to explain myself as good as I can.

        My printer is working really well, on the mechanical side...But I have a problem that I thing it's common in this kind of printers:

        - Coarse aspect on the surface, looking like the topological maps.Not related to the z layers. It's more something related to the xy plane.

        At the beggining I thought it was related to the resolution of the slices (I use png slices), but now having more high resolution slices, the problem is still there. Today I noticed this in a B9Creator model as well:

        http://b9creator.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/rdkfe-IMG_2519.jpg
        It's related to the algorithm routine that uses the slicer??? or it´s more a thing of the resolution of your projector???
        There are a way for improve this kind of effect???

        Now I'm printing with an SVG from slicer, let's see if it's less coarsy than the slices that I get from NettFabb Free.

        Hope this makes sense!!

        Cheers to evryone from Barcelona!!!

        --
        Regards