RE: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Finsihed my printer....and printing a lot now!!!!!

  • joan raven
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 29, 2013
      Layers look ok to me...but I don't understand what u mean when u say "trapezoidal when looked at the side profile". Light bleeding is precisely controlledd with the tint.

      If u look one of my models, the z layer quality is really good, very even.

      Maybe I'm not the most technical guy in the world, but if the model looks nice (and they looks really nice), There's no problem for me.

      To: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com
      From: pzamov@...
      Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:04:47 +0000
      Subject: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Finsihed my printer....and printing a lot now!!!!!

      To a point the resin cost for filling the VAT/bucket is offset by the not having to build a tilt axis in the bottom-up version of the printers. What I'm concerned about with the top-down is the consistent layer thickness control and light bleeding and curing outside of the mask. Do you have a way of looking at the layers? Are they trapezoidal when looked at the side profile?

      Cheers!
      Peter

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, joan raven <jonichk@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Peter!!
      >
      > I'm really happy with my design....the z axis is rock solid, and I get a very nice z layer quality...even the material it's hard to photography due it's transparency.
      >
      > Next week I'll start experimenting with some new stuff from Fernando's....i'll be posting the results if it's worth it.
      >
      > But the thing that i'm more proud is the rate of success....I had very few bad prints (just one actually), this is a battle system !!!
      >
      > : )
      >

      > To: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com
      > From: pzamov@...
      > Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:07:30 +0000
      > Subject: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Finsihed my printer....and printing a lot now!!!!!

      > Fantastic job!
      >

      > So now we have a top-Down machine in the group and maybe that trend will pickup speed too.
      >

      > Cheers!
      >
      > Peter
      >

      > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "jwanett" <jonichk@> wrote:
      >

      > > New print!!
      >

      > > This is the Vandelbirt house, was placed in Manhattan
      >

      > > http://postimg.org/image/5y21wtwh9/
      >

      > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "jwanett" <jonichk@> wrote:
      >

      > > > Hi everyone!!
      >

      > > > I just finished the final prototype of my dlp Printer!!
      >

      > > > It's a top-down System powered By RAMPS 1.4, and Spot-LV resin.
      >
      > > > It's laser cutted steel. aluminum extrusions frame, modular and cheap to produce.
      >

      > > > It can be converted to bottom up System with an expansion pack.
      >

      > > > Still waiting for a complete software Package, but now it's working ok with Steve's software (Creation Workshop), and ProjectLayer from Gary Hodgson!!!!
      >

      > > > Printing at 100 micron and 50 micron z height.
      >
      > > > Build zone is 130mm x 100 x 150 mm.
      >

      > > > More info soon!!
      >

      > > > Photos:
      >

      > > > http://www.3image.com/tZq
      >
      > > > http://www.3image.com/tZ1

    • Sergio Olivo
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 29, 2013

        Hi Joan. Congratulations on your design.

        Do you think it will possible to reproduce it easily? Is it something that requires any special tool or equipment?

        Thanks.

        Sergio.

        From: pzamov@...
        Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:07:30 +0000

        Fantastic job!

        So now we have a top-Down machine in the group and maybe that trend will pickup speed too.

        Cheers!
        Peter

        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "jwanett" <jonichk@...> wrote:

        > New print!!
        >

        > This is the Vandelbirt house, was placed in Manhattan
        >

        > http://postimg.org/image/5y21wtwh9/
        >

        > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "jwanett" <jonichk@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi everyone!!
        > >
        > > I just finished the final prototype of my dlp Printer!!
        > >
        > > It's a top-down System powered By RAMPS 1.4, and Spot-LV resin.
        > > It's laser cutted steel. aluminum extrusions frame, modular and cheap to produce.
        > >
        > > It can be converted to bottom up System with an expansion pack.
        > >
        > > Still waiting for a complete software Package, but now it's working ok with Steve's software (Creation Workshop), and ProjectLayer from Gary Hodgson!!!!
        > >
        > > Printing at 100 micron and 50 micron z height.
        > > Build zone is 130mm x 100 x 150 mm.
        > >

        > > More info soon!!
        > >
        > > Photos:
        > >

        > > http://www.3image.com/tZq
        > > http://www.3image.com/tZ1

      • joan raven
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 29, 2013
          It's laser cut steel and bended with a cnc bender....
          But the idea is simple....just make it fit to a aluminum profiles....and don't forget to use an antibacklash nut.
          If u have more doubts just feel free to ask!!

          To: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com; jonichk@...

          From: pzamov@...
          Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:07:30 +0000

          Fantastic job!

          So now we have a top-Down machine in the group and maybe that trend will pickup speed too.

          Cheers!
          Peter

          --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "jwanett" <jonichk@...> wrote:

          > New print!!
          >

          > This is the Vandelbirt house, was placed in Manhattan
          >

          > http://postimg.org/image/5y21wtwh9/
          >

          > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "jwanett" <jonichk@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi everyone!!
          > >
          > > I just finished the final prototype of my dlp Printer!!
          > >
          > > It's a top-down System powered By RAMPS 1.4, and Spot-LV resin.
          > > It's laser cutted steel. aluminum extrusions frame, modular and cheap to produce.
          > >
          > > It can be converted to bottom up System with an expansion pack.
          > >
          > > Still waiting for a complete software Package, but now it's working ok with Steve's software (Creation Workshop), and ProjectLayer from Gary Hodgson!!!!
          > >
          > > Printing at 100 micron and 50 micron z height.
          > > Build zone is 130mm x 100 x 150 mm.
          > >

          > > More info soon!!
          > >
          > > Photos:
          > >

          > > http://www.3image.com/tZq
          > > http://www.3image.com/tZ1

        • John Harding
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 30, 2013
            Hi, can I ask what model the projector is? Also did you modify the lense?

            To: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com; jonichk@...

            From: pzamov@...
            Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:07:30 +0000

            <
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 30, 2013
              Hi Joan,

              I have looked at Asiga print under a microscope ( X10 and X40 ) and have notices that the layers from the samples printed on an Asiga printer look like:

              \__/
              \____/
              \______/

              meaning there is a lot of scattered light and bleeding.
              Even their 10Micron Z printed sample exhibits this.

            • joan raven
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 30, 2013

                Interesting....

                And what makes the diference with a bottom up system?? It doesn't happen with a bottom up?? why???

                THNX!!

                To: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com
                From: pzamov@...
                Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:40:45 +0000

                Hi Joan,

                I have looked at Asiga print under a microscope ( X10 and X40 ) and have notices that the layers from the samples printed on an Asiga printer look like:

                \__/
                \____/
                \______/

                meaning there is a lot of scattered light and bleeding.
                Even their 10Micron Z printed sample exhibits this.

                Cheers!
                Peter

                --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, joan raven <jonichk@...> wrote:

                > Layers look ok to me...but I don't understand what u mean when u say "trapezoidal when looked at the side profile". Light bleeding is precisely controlledd with the tint.
                >
                > If u look one of my models, the z layer quality is really good, very even.
                >
                > Maybe I'm not the most technical guy in the world, but if the model looks nice (and they looks really nice), There's no problem for me.
                >
                > To: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com
                > From: pzamov@...
                > Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:04:47 +0000
                > Subject: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Finsihed my printer....and printing a lot now!!!!!

                > To a point the resin cost for filling the VAT/bucket is offset by the not having to build a tilt axis in the bottom-up version of the printers. What I'm concerned about with the top-down is the consistent layer thickness control and light bleeding and curing outside of the mask. Do you have a way of looking at the layers? Are they trapezoidal when looked at the side profile?
                >

                > Cheers!
                >
                > Peter
                >

                > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, joan raven <jonichk@> wrote:
                >

                > > Thanks Peter!!
                >

                > > I'm really happy with my design....the z axis is rock solid, and I get a very nice z layer quality...even the material it's hard to photography due it's transparency.
                >

                > > Next week I'll start experimenting with some new stuff from Fernando's....i'll be posting the results if it's worth it.
                >

                > > But the thing that i'm more proud is the rate of success....I had very few bad prints (just one actually), this is a battle system !!!
                >

                > > : )
                >

                > > To: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > > From: pzamov@
                >
                > > Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:07:30 +0000
                >
                > > Subject: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Finsihed my printer....and printing a lot now!!!!!

                > > Fantastic job!
                >

                > > So now we have a top-Down machine in the group and maybe that trend will pickup speed too.
                >

                > > Cheers!
                >

                > > Peter
                >

                > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "jwanett" <jonichk@> wrote:
                >

                > > > New print!!

                > > > This is the Vandelbirt house, was placed in Manhattan

                > > > http://postimg.org/image/5y21wtwh9/

              • gsi11135
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 30, 2013
                  Hmmm...this is curious. The links posted did not take me to the images of your machine. How about posting them in the 'Photo' folder. ;-)

                  Thanks for sharing! Great work!

                  Joseph
                  DIY 3DP&F Moderator/Owner

                • wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 3, 2013
                    I have identified a number of small products that would be ideal for limited print runs, and would like to work with a 3D printer owner, rather than injection moulders in Guangdong or Jiangsu.

                    I am especially interested in working with someone that uses recycled plastic in and FDM printer.  I have been experimenting with some high margin lines using regular filament but would now like to explore re-purposed plastics.

                    If anybody is interested please drop me a line.

                    Chris
                  • bitoli00
                    Message 9 of 24 , Oct 2, 2013
                      Hello.

                      While im not able to open a new thread im asking my question about ProjectLayer here.
                      I tried to print some parts with this software but all the time i got trouble with the "blank screen". This screen seems to be white and cures my resin. Is it possible to change this screen to a black one to avoid curing while lifting the build platform?

                      Cheers
                      Bob