Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] printing problem, anyone knows how to solve it?

  • Fernando Muñiz
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
      Hello Henry,

      As mentioned in th eFAQ (http://spotamaterials.com/?faq-topic=colors), dyes are less efficient at absorbing the critical wavelengths than opaque pigment. This is why the concentration you will need to aim for is always higher than the one of a same color pigment.
      It also depends on the projector you use and the contrast ratio between black and white areas. The higher the contrast ratio of your DLP, the neater the details.

      Cheers!
      Fernando

      On 03/20/2013 04:52 AM, henrypjs wrote:

      hi guys,

      Please see the photo in my album:

      the 0-1, 0-2 and 0-3

      I found some layer overspreaded in my printing, especially when the pigment was less than 1% , does that mean the light leaks out of the model boundary? This effect is more obvious when I use dyes.Is this effect common? Any clue to solve it?

      Thanks in advance!

      Henry