Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Anyone for custom file conversion job?

  • wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 23, 2013
      Remember also that simply scaling a model down does not always create a result that is immediately acceptable to the human eye.  I soon learned this when scaling down CAD models for the 1/6 collectibles market.  Sometimes the model will need to be altered before it looks right at a smaller scale.
      It is great that you have had some offers of help here.
      Previously I have always found useful allies on the microtasking sites such as fiverr.co. or Lisili.com.  Plenty of good solidworks designers to be found on both sites.
      Hope that this helps

      Chris

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 24, 2013
        Micromouse has a shareware program called Accutrans 3D  that can read and write many formats including Lightwave and STL (bin and ascii). Scaling and other output options are available in the save panels. The download is free, and allows 30 days of use, but does not disable at the end of 30 days. However, if you continue to use it after 30 days, please pay for it... the guy has put a lot of time into it and its a really great piece of software.
        Mike

        This should be all of 30 seconds in Deep Exploration, as long as it's not an absurdly complicated model. I could do that for you no problem if you want to shoot the lightwave object over. Free of charge.

        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "farmboy_k" <kdloewen@...> wrote:

        > Howdy guys I have a Lightwave LWO file of a vehicle I am hoping in finding some one to scale it and convert it to a stl or iges to be used for 3D printing.
        > If you or someone you know can do it I would be interested in knowing the cost and such.
        > Thanks
        > Kent

      • Fabio
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 24, 2013
          Meshlab is free!!!!!! :)

          --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Mike Polcyn <lizardman2000@...> wrote:

          > Micromouse has a shareware program called Accutrans 3D  that can read and write many formats including Lightwave and STL (bin and ascii). Scaling and other output options are available in the save panels. The download is free, and allows 30 days of use, but does not disable at the end of 30 days. However, if you continue to use it after 30 days, please pay for it... the guy has put a lot of time into it and its a really great piece of software.
          > Mike

        • Mike Polcyn
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 24, 2013
            Last time i used it, Meshlab did not have a Lightwave (LWO) reader or writer.