Re: printing problem, anyone knows how to solve it?

  • henrypjs
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
      Thanks Kurt,Peter and Arthur! your suggestion is very useful, I will try to have a shutter work on my printer, and have more tests these days, and upload the new result.

      Henry

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, kurt landin <kurt_landin@...> wrote:

      > Is your projector emitting any light in the off phase?
      >
      > Most projectors even when a black screen is shown still emit radiation.
      > This radiation still slowly cures the resin in your vat. once enough radiation has been emitted a slowly cured built up layer of resin is formed. it often hitches a ride on the a cured layer, taking this extra cured material with it.
      >
      > This leads to periodic layers of this extra cured resin attaching itself to your model during the build process.�
      >
      > This layer can also just build up on your vat surface which can prevent even distribution of resin flowing back in. It can also damage the sylgard vat coating.
      >
      > Solution is to completely turn off light source during blank phase-
      > you can do this electronically or use a stepper and a shutter device.
      > I believe 3dlprint uses this device. or you can cure quicker and hope that cured material does not accumulate. or you can use a recoater blade that wipes the vat floor before each layer is made.

    • Fernando Muñiz
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
        Hello Henry,

        As mentioned in th eFAQ (http://spotamaterials.com/?faq-topic=colors), dyes are less efficient at absorbing the critical wavelengths than opaque pigment. This is why the concentration you will need to aim for is always higher than the one of a same color pigment.
        It also depends on the projector you use and the contrast ratio between black and white areas. The higher the contrast ratio of your DLP, the neater the details.

        Cheers!
        Fernando

        On 03/20/2013 04:52 AM, henrypjs wrote:

        hi guys,

        Please see the photo in my album:

        the 0-1, 0-2 and 0-3

        I found some layer overspreaded in my printing, especially when the pigment was less than 1% , does that mean the light leaks out of the model boundary? This effect is more obvious when I use dyes.Is this effect common? Any clue to solve it?

        Thanks in advance!

        Henry