Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: To those using UV Dlp mod. Have you guys seen any damage..

    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 6, 2013
      Although one should remember that many group members are here for the fun of it or to learn about topics for hobby purposes and are not necessarily trained scientists/engineers or even untrained ones and it would be appropriate to cut them some slack rather than act surprised when the standards of a scientific journal are not met.

      Graham

      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM, arthur2shedsj <arthur2shedsj@...> wrote:

      Glad to hear it. I was starting to think that this is a group grounded in popular opinion vs math and scientific facts.

    • arthur2shedsj
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 7, 2013
        The other issue we have run into is the waste heat converted by a lamp. Compact designs require lots of airflow to keep the electronics cool.

        The heat may also be conveyed to the photopolymer in the vat to reduce the viscosity via a heatpipe. If you use LED's then you can just add a cartridge heater to the vat.