Re: To those using UV Dlp mod. Have you guys seen any damage..

  • arthur2shedsj
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 6, 2013
      Please pardon my ignorance here. Why all the hubub about LED's when you can use a standard DLP projector with only a slight modification to the lens (close focus) an achieve <1 sec cure time per 0.1mm layer now with resin at ~$40/Kg right now in low volumes?

      People are bringing up 100W led arrays and similar when a standard 200W lamp works just fine. The limiting factor for most designs is dealing with the movement of the stage between layers, not the cure times per layer.

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Graham Stabler <grezmos@...> wrote:

      > This shows so clearly that they are all basically the same LED element
      > made in to larger and larger arrays, the energy density is the same for
      > each so as you increase power to hopefully get around the losses what you
      > really do it just widen the source. I suspect that most of the light from
      > the outer elements will never leave the projector and if it does will only
      > blur the image.
      >
      > I'd be interested to know if there are any commercial projectors using LED
      > arrays *of this sort* and if so what optics they use. I would also be
      > interested to know if there have been many conversions of projectors to use
      > LEDs that have produced a decent output.
      >
      > Graham
      >

      > On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:21 AM, luis hernandez <luisguillermo98@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Here is some LED from 10 to 100 watt..
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGaP-ZXFRdE

    • arthur2shedsj
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 7, 2013
        The other issue we have run into is the waste heat converted by a lamp. Compact designs require lots of airflow to keep the electronics cool.

        The heat may also be conveyed to the photopolymer in the vat to reduce the viscosity via a heatpipe. If you use LED's then you can just add a cartridge heater to the vat.