Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: To those using UV Dlp mod. Have you guys seen any damage..

    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 6, 2013
      I've just noticed that the same site sells fused fiber image conduits at REALLY low prices (Edmund is 4X as much for 1"), these are 50um fibres fused into a rod. You can heat them and stretch them (to intensify) and bend them etc etc with a blow torch using normal scientific glass techniques. You could imagine making something rather neat with them. Of course you may have issues coupling the light into them efficiently but the lens-less arrays would make it easy to make a tight butt joint.

      Graham

      On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Graham Stabler <grezmos@...> wrote:

      On the subject of the arrays, one of these used in reverse may help:

    • arthur2shedsj
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 7, 2013
        The other issue we have run into is the waste heat converted by a lamp. Compact designs require lots of airflow to keep the electronics cool.

        The heat may also be conveyed to the photopolymer in the vat to reduce the viscosity via a heatpipe. If you use LED's then you can just add a cartridge heater to the vat.