Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: To those using UV Dlp mod. Have you guys seen any damage..

  • Francis Leach
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 5, 2013
    Gentlemen

    Graham was kind enough to make the point that only a point light source is projectable via lenses.

    I have 3D modelled a suggested UV light source based on 4 off 10W UV LEDs. which I intend to make and fit to my projector. I will be making a single LED version first to test the function.

    They are mounted on a aluminium bracket which will be sited in projector such that the focal position of the replacement UV light source is the same as the original lamp. The item is 45mm from the back plate with the mounting hole and the end of the acrylic light guide.
    The housing is a lost wax investment brass casting. The inside of the brass housing is painted with a heat resistant white paint to act as a reflector. The acrylic light guide element is cast in situ inside the brass housing.

    The use of a single 30W UV LED would be very much the simpler but a bit down on power. The 100W module is quite large and would not  fit in my projector.

    Comments welcomed

    Regards

    Francis

    On 4 March 2013 19:31, torben.mogensen@... <torben.f.mogensen@...> wrote:

    A 24 element array is Ø12mm and will only "just" fit into the space available in and 300 lumens type of projector.
    A 24 element produces 12.700 mW and requires 90W supply.
    Just info :)

    --
    Regards

    Francis Leach

  • arthur2shedsj
    Message 47 of 47 , Mar 7, 2013
      The other issue we have run into is the waste heat converted by a lamp. Compact designs require lots of airflow to keep the electronics cool.

      The heat may also be conveyed to the photopolymer in the vat to reduce the viscosity via a heatpipe. If you use LED's then you can just add a cartridge heater to the vat.