Re: To those using UV Dlp mod. Have you guys seen any damage..

  • torben.mogensen@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 4, 2013
      A 24 element array is Ø12mm and will only "just" fit into the space available in and 300 lumens type of projector.
      A 24 element produces 12.700 mW and requires 90W supply.
      Just info :)

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Graham Stabler <grezmos@...> wrote:

      > I can absolutely imagine LEDs being the future however they will be far
      > more suitable as the size of the source reduces for a given power output,
      > the 100W LEDs I have seen are large arrays. Anyway I've said all this
      > before so I will leave it.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Graham
      >

      > On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM, luis h <luisguillermo98@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > a high power 100watt LED can produce almost 12000 lumems and they last
      > > 10000 hours or more so we are getting fast curing and the bulb will last
      > > for years.. LED light are 50% cooler than HIP bulb so I believe the light
      > > will go easy on the chip.. I think having LED on projectors will be very
      > > beneficial specially for those building 3d printers for others, for the DIY
      > > and industrial market.
      > >
      > > Luis
      > >

      > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Graham Stabler
      > > wrote:

      > > > I would suspect it would be much more like reduce by 90% than to 90%
      > > >
      > > > If your numbers are right then what are we all wasting our time with
      > > lamps
      > > > for?
      > > >
      > > > Graham

      > > negligible.

      > > different

    • arthur2shedsj
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 7, 2013
        The other issue we have run into is the waste heat converted by a lamp. Compact designs require lots of airflow to keep the electronics cool.

        The heat may also be conveyed to the photopolymer in the vat to reduce the viscosity via a heatpipe. If you use LED's then you can just add a cartridge heater to the vat.