Re: To those using UV Dlp mod. Have you guys seen any damage..

  • luis h
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 4, 2013
      I have seen a single Height power led of 100 watt no more than 2" across. I think http://www.ledengin.com/ has one for 50 watt in a very small package but remember you get 80 lumens per watt so this bulb produce 4000 lm. Imagine two single small bull with a mirror in the lamp chamber projected 90 degrees right into the wheel and pipe. You can also buy the small lenses or reflector that comes with it to project an spot light as narrow as 15 degrees so if you add a small Fresnel + a concave in front of it you have a giant monster of 8000 lumens, hhhhmmmmmmmm no mentioned the 50000 hours lifetime. In efficiency between hip and led, this is comparing a 12 cylinder toyota tundra with a tesla electric car. This is the direction I am heading, no question about it..

      Luis

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Graham Stabler <grezmos@...> wrote:

      > I can absolutely imagine LEDs being the future however they will be far
      > more suitable as the size of the source reduces for a given power output,
      > the 100W LEDs I have seen are large arrays. Anyway I've said all this
      > before so I will leave it.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Graham
      >

      > On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM, luis h <luisguillermo98@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > a high power 100watt LED can produce almost 12000 lumems and they last
      > > 10000 hours or more so we are getting fast curing and the bulb will last
      > > for years.. LED light are 50% cooler than HIP bulb so I believe the light
      > > will go easy on the chip.. I think having LED on projectors will be very
      > > beneficial specially for those building 3d printers for others, for the DIY
      > > and industrial market.
      > >
      > > Luis
      > >

      > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Graham Stabler
      > > wrote:

      > > > I would suspect it would be much more like reduce by 90% than to 90%
      > > >
      > > > If your numbers are right then what are we all wasting our time with
      > > lamps
      > > > for?
      > > >
      > > > Graham

      > > negligible.

      > > different

    • arthur2shedsj
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 7, 2013
        The other issue we have run into is the waste heat converted by a lamp. Compact designs require lots of airflow to keep the electronics cool.

        The heat may also be conveyed to the photopolymer in the vat to reduce the viscosity via a heatpipe. If you use LED's then you can just add a cartridge heater to the vat.