Re: To those using UV Dlp mod. Have you guys seen any damage..

  • luis h
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 4, 2013
      Arthur,
      Are you referring to .5 watt/cm² watts per square?

      Luis

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "arthur2shedsj" <arthur2shedsj@...> wrote:

      > If the photopolymer used has an Ec of 10.0 mJ/cm² (critical exposure) does that help?
      >
      > I'm not sure what perspective you have or grasp of the concepts involved. Maybe if you tell us why it seems that 0.5W @ 405nm can't cure much we can attempt to explain.
      >
      > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "torben.mogensen@" <torben.f.mogensen@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Arthur, I dont really understand how 0.5W 400Nm can cure much - could you point me in the right direction.

    • arthur2shedsj
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 7, 2013
        The other issue we have run into is the waste heat converted by a lamp. Compact designs require lots of airflow to keep the electronics cool.

        The heat may also be conveyed to the photopolymer in the vat to reduce the viscosity via a heatpipe. If you use LED's then you can just add a cartridge heater to the vat.