To those using UV Dlp mod. Have you guys seen any damage..

  • luis h
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 1, 2013
      Is this is mito or fact?.
      has any one experience any damage of the dlp chip after removing filters, wheel?. According to some expert and articles I have read, dlp micro mirror has aluminum coating or made entirely of aluminum and this metal is one of the best material to reflect UV, it is even better than silver and If more reflection of UV is needed they re-coated the aluminum surface with dielectric material and this is what mirror manufacturers market this type of mirrors as "enhance aluminum mirrors" so I need to know if these micro-mirror really get damage or this is a hoax by TI to charge more for UV chip? If problem is on the board where chip is mounted then there should be a way to protect this area. Creating a micro mesh that surround the mirrors should not be that hard. We can even use a dlp projector to create an tiny mesh made of polymer to protect those exposed area.. Any suggestions from the expert in this forum?
    • arthur2shedsj
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 7, 2013
        The other issue we have run into is the waste heat converted by a lamp. Compact designs require lots of airflow to keep the electronics cool.

        The heat may also be conveyed to the photopolymer in the vat to reduce the viscosity via a heatpipe. If you use LED's then you can just add a cartridge heater to the vat.