Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: LCD Based Printer; Photopolymer Samples

  • Chris Marion
    Message 1 of 45 , Feb 28, 2013
      Ha, yes agreed! As long as there is enough wattage through the LCD to promote "normal" cure times it should be pretty speedy. I think we'll be able to get an idea of what to expect once Nick does more testing with his rig... once I can finish up some proper software for him to test with! Hopefully very soon!

      -Chris

      On 2/28/2013 8:23 PM, Graham Stabler wrote:

      I agree it should be faster but it sounded like he knew of something out there already so was curious. Its only 10-15 seconds if you can get the light throughput but as glaciers are faster than FDM so it would have to be bad to not be faster :)

      Graham

      On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:19 AM, Chris Marion <chrismarion@...> wrote:

      I think Arthur is referring to the fact that with a large build area LCD system you could expose and finish the entire huge layer in 10-15 seconds vs. spending much much longer periods of time going back and forth over the entire layer with an FDM nozzle.

      -Chris

      On 2/28/2013 7:44 PM, Graham Stabler wrote:

      On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM, arthur2shedsj <arthur2shedsj@...> wrote:

      0.15mm for some large parts is fine. LCD is much faster than FDM printing and it's a great fit for printing architectural models. They typically like large parts and don't need the resolution.

      LCD is faster? I didn't know there were any other LCD based systems.

      Graham

    • chenw1115@yahoo.cn
      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 23 11:55 PM
        holle,do  your lcd printer work  now?