Re: LCD Based Printer; Photopolymer Samples

  • phife54@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 45 , Feb 24 12:01 PM
      Hi Ali,

      Im in Kelowna, BC.

      The printer is still in its early prototype stage, but it is working. Still much work to do to get it out as a DIY kit.

      As for answers,

      The color LCD's color filters loose to much light and the red and green block all light leaving holes in the print.

      Im using a glass vat, you cannot use the LCD as a vat bottom because any pressure disturbs the liquid crystal. Light does diffuse, but I have it down to a resonable level using optics and having the light collimated. Cure times are around 8-10seconds, but hope to be less with Fernandos new resins.

      Bulb was only $45, its double ended and a 400w MH, you can use ones for Coral reefs in the 10000k+ range.

      Greyscale LCD's I get from a chinese supplier, they are pricey, $800/LCD with controller. Used ones can be found for $100-200 on ebay, but there is no telling if it will work or not. Most medical LCD require a special video card.

      Once I get some time i'll write up all my finding and help others build and perfect the LCD 3d Printer, It does have some great promise!

    • chenw1115@yahoo.cn
      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 23, 2014
        holle,do  your lcd printer work  now?