Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Have you seen this patent obtained in 2011 by Envisiontec on DLP printers?

  • luis hernandez
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12 10:11 AM
      Graham thank you,

      Luis..

      --- On Tue, 2/12/13, Graham Stabler <grezmos@...> wrote:

      From: Graham Stabler <grezmos@...>
      Subject: Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Have you seen this patent obtained in 2011 by Envisiontec on DLP printers?
      To: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 11:51 AM

      I don't think it quite works like that, the first claim is to show what the other claims refer to as they only refer to a machine that uses something like a DLP rather than scanning lasers etc. You could argue that just doing the same as others have done with lasers etc is obvious however you could also imagine someone making a system using a DLP that does not use the idea of variable exposure over a layer.

      In any case I don't think there is much to worry about, if the first claim is as you say a stand alone item then it does not hold up as 3D printing of this kind was in the literature before the patent was filed IIRC.

      Graham

      On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:32 PM, luis hernandez <luisguillermo98@...> wrote:

      Graham,
      There are claims within the patent that stays that the image is solidify by a projection device to create the object.  I believe patent protect the author on every claim the exposed and not together as as whole. Please notice that a laser beam or electron beams used in other machines can creates layers and support and do exactly what these guys claim their machine can do. I hope we can continue developing and marketing DLP printers becasue I am pretty sure 3dlp is here to stay and possibly lead the market in the 3d manufacturing..

      Luis..