Problem when remove the color wheel @@

  • mr.thanduc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2013
      Hi all,

      I have problem with my DLP projector.

      I use mitsubishi lvp-hc900j , 250w UHP lamp, 1400 lumens.

      I remove the color wheel and start the DLP projector, i try to cure the polymer but it not hard ( i use Photoinitiators: Daracur TPO). I take the polymer to another UV light, it's cured quickly.

      And i disassemble the DLP again, and i see a optic is burned ( that is a rectangular section, hollow(or solid) tunnel that catches the light from the lamp and carries it to the DMD module <<< Fernando described that). Is that the reason the polymer not cured ??? Except the color wheel, have other filters ?

      anyone had used the other DLP without burned the optic? can show me the model number?

      Sorry about my English. Thanks all ^^
    • wi1d_ey3d_jok3r
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2013
        I believe the color wheel optically is after the DMD, so removing it shouldn't influence anything prior to the DMD like the optical component you described. Not to be insulting, but are you sure the projector is working? A lot of projectors wont turn on if you remove the color wheel (without hacking it together in some way). It's also possible you didnt reassemble it correctly, and the optical piece was misplaced?

        Projectors usually have at least a UV filter in them and sometimes an IR filter. These usually occur after the DMD and should be inconsequential to the burned optic you described. They will, however, affect the intensity of the light in the UV and IR wavelengths leaving the projector. Maybe the projectors output is just too weak in the UV range? How does its intensity compare to the other UV source you used?